Notices

Worried...sort of?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2006, 11:39 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried...sort of?

Alright i know you regular guys have all heard this before and will tell me to use the search facility which i did, but it doesnt answer quite what i am wondering about,so please bare with me.I have just bought a 95 WRX it has an Essex turbo recon turbo fitted recently and the guy i bought it off said he had to "turn down the boost" as the fuelling/engine was cutting,apparently he had to contact Essex turbo who told him to adjust a screw or something?it was boosting around 1.2 bar(forgive me i may be wrong on measurement).Anyway when i got home i was sifting through all the paperwork/books/receipts etc as you do with a new toy and i found a receipt for the fitting of an ABC superchip.Do you think it was this causing it to "overboost",and after searching your forum it seems the superchip is a matter of great debate.So should i be thinking of removing said chip and if so is it a DIY job and will it affect the running of the car as it is lightly modded with a full decat exhaust,HKS induction and HKS DV.Any info/opinions would be welcome.
Old 18 November 2006, 12:56 AM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

The safest option would be to start afresh and opt for a remap......will gain a bit more performance wise too.
Old 18 November 2006, 08:01 AM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

Ok then if a re map who and where?budget wise what sort of price should i allow.I dont want to get too far into modding just a little extra squeeze out of her so something quite normal should do it.Also about removing the superchip is it easy to do myself?
Old 18 November 2006, 10:28 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because its an import imo the easiest way to remap it with an Apexi power Fc (basically a replacement ecu) easiest but not the cheapest (approx £750 for ecu and map) because if you do get the feel for more power the ecu can be mapped for each fuelling/engine mod you do.
Or check this thread with ESL
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...?highlight=esl