Squeaking noise coming from nearside front

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2006, 11:16 AM
Davros 1979
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Squeaking noise coming from nearside front

Hi all,

I have a really annoying squeaking noise coming from my passanger front, which is well embarrassing!! Its a roation noise as when I go quicker the noise gets quicker. It mainly occurs when I turn right and the weight is shifted to that wheel. Anyone got any ideas?

When I take the wheel off and spin it, it doesnt seem to do it. Probably because there is no weight on it. Doesnt seem to be a bearing, although not 100% on that. Took it to a garage and took the CV boot off but the joint wasnt dry. The garage has said he can change the drive shaft but it will cost a lot and there is no guarantee thats the problem. Anyone else had this issue or got any ideas cos I dont wanna pay to get that done if it wont work!!

The car's a 98 type R, incase its a common problem.

Ta,
Dave
Old 02 November 2006, 06:41 PM
best_quality03
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
My 96sti ra has a funny noise on the nearside front when going round right handers it is worse when its running on 17 inch alloys. As yet i've not been able to sort it but when i run it on 16inch wheels the noise is much quiter. I have checked wheel bearing and cv joints but all ok. It doesn't make any noise unless i take a right hander. I will change the wheel bearing cos it don't cost much and see if it sorts it. Impreza's do suffer from crap wheel bearings and if not changed can destroy the hub!!!!!
Old 03 November 2006, 01:58 PM
goonerbear
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also a Scooby novice but had the same problem on my 95 WRX Jap import, posted the question on this forum, got several replies about the sliders on the brake caliper, took it to my local garage on Tuesday and he freed them up, fine now and only cost £20.