Notices

N/A motor build

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2006, 07:06 AM
HopesAndDreamsRacing
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A motor build

Im just about ready to start building up a ej25 na motor. i now it dosent seem like much fun and turbos are a good source of garainted power. Im looking to see what these engines can do. i wanna see what there limits are. ive seen alot of people do some swaping of turbo parts from internals and heads from one car to another. i was wondering if there were any turbo parts that could be swap into a phaseII n/a block. like any v8 rods or crank shaft. would i be able to use v8 heads with a n/a block. what kinda cams can i run and still be street able. how high dose the compression ration have to go. i was looking to run maybe 12.0:1 compression. i have most of the bolt on parts already i just need the engine work to start happening. any help or information that can be provided on what parts that i should be looking for would be apprecated. i also wanna note that this car will be daily driven and needs to be relyable as far as engine running wise. i dont care about how much power im going to be putting down but i would like to see number anywere above the 8000 rpm.

Moe
Old 14 October 2006, 02:09 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

go over to .:ImprezaSport.net:. and look for posts by a member called dpjef, he's built a 2.5 over in Belgium so will be a good source of info.

It's also worth checking on nasioc as they run a lot of N/A 2.5's so will have a lot of experiance of tuning - try looking up the Cobb tuning impreza, think they are running about 300bhp or something like that from a N/A 2.5!!
Old 17 October 2006, 07:16 AM
HopesAndDreamsRacing
Scooby Newbie

thanks for link