Notices

clutch problem or me

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2006, 03:33 PM
jap torque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problem or me

i just done my first 1/4 mile day few little bits done to my 99 scooby i pulled a 14.1 with terminal speed of 102.2
problem was i couldnt seem to launch my car kept bogging down which i know was costing me i tryed 4500rpm let it go boged down then went could this be a prolem with my clutch maybe avcr needs adjusted or do i just need some more practise?
whats best way to launch a scooby and any good mods i could look at get my torque and power figurs up more?????
Old 12 October 2006, 04:54 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by jap torque
i just done my first 1/4 mile day few little bits done to my 99 scooby i pulled a 14.1 with terminal speed of 102.2
problem was i couldnt seem to launch my car kept bogging down which i know was costing me i tryed 4500rpm let it go boged down then went could this be a prolem with my clutch maybe avcr needs adjusted or do i just need some more practise?
whats best way to launch a scooby and any good mods i could look at get my torque and power figurs up more?????
Sounds like you might be keeping a constant throttle as you let the clutch up at 4500 rpm mate, then, as it engages, the car will bog and you won't "shoot" foward like the car is capable of. The trick is to keep the car at 4500-5000 by modulating the throttle as the clutch engages and then hold on and get ready to engage 2nd! Not as easy as it sounds when you're under pressure.

Of course, you could just floor it and keep it pinned, but don't send me the bill for a new gearbox!!

A properly lauched scooby/Evo is stunning!

Ns04

BTW "Stage one" upgrade for a Classic is a decat/sports cat exhaust, uprated panel filter and remap, it's good for about 270-280bhp and similar torque. Your std clutch would must likely give way under drag conditions at that power level so you might want to consider an uprated one, such as the Exedy organic from David at APi. A lightened flywheel might also be a good purchase whilst you're at it. I think there is a group buy on this kit at the moment, check out the group buy section of the forum.

Tell him NS04 sent ya!
Old 12 October 2006, 05:16 PM
jap torque
Scooby Regular

sorry i forgot to add my spec here it is
3” exhaust system
k&n 57i induction kit
hybrid front mounted intercooler
tdo5 turbo
helix up pipe
ported headers f
uel lab regulator
walbro fuel pump
ecutek3 remapped by Andy Forrester.
Exedy fast road clutch
7.6kg lightened and balanced flywheel lightened pulleys
apexi avcr

what times should i be looking at if launched right and what mods should i be looking to do next???
Old 12 October 2006, 06:52 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

please don't take this the wrong way but Thats an awefull time for a car with those mods!!!!! You must be running atealst 320Bhp and over 300lbs of torque. I would of thought you would be looking at 12's as an minimum

Did you rememer to take your slippers or the handbrake off????
Old 13 October 2006, 02:20 PM
jap torque
Scooby Regular

no offence taken mate i know my car capable of alot more and i need to sort it out for next time just seemed to bog down loads on the line my 0-60 feet was rubbish and this is where i should have a advantage
any ideas what i should be do9ing or looking at on my car that could be causing it to bog down?