Notices

New Maf sensor now car barely runs

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2006, 09:10 PM
Lonso
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Maf sensor now car barely runs

Hi there I have a 2000 model uk turbo and have been having problems with my car hesitating at 3 4 and 5 k revs felt like it was loosing power or not boosting it had been doing this for a while , i tryed to clean the maf sensor using brake cleaner as ive read there a comon problem and when i put the sensor back in the car wouldnt start so i guess i broke it ..
I had to drive the car without a maf sensor connected for about 2 miles ,, when the car would have been in limp mode ..

So today i bought and fitted a new maf sensor and reset the ecu as i thought that this was the cause to the original problem and the car barley started and when it did it was spluttering i managed to drive it about 1/4 of a mile and it was jumping quite badly and made a burbling noise and a couple of banging noises from the engine , could anyone give any help with this thanks
Old 11 October 2006, 09:40 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are you sure you reset the ecu? see if there are any other codes when you connect the diagnose plugs...
Old 11 October 2006, 09:49 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I changed mine, not that there was much wrong with the one in it, just not been changed for a few years. Put a new one in and it was dreadfull, even after restting the ECU, only conclussion being that the new MAF was faulty. Went back to Holdcroft, argued my case and got a replacment, fitted that, sweet as a nut....
Take it back and get a new one as it sounds like you got a dud.