Notices

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2001, 07:08 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my way to work saturday morning I had the unfortunate Muntjac deer deciding it would cross the road in front of me. I was doing about 50mph, and it was dark and wallop, number plate goes spinning over my car. I mess my pants. Got out, couldn't see any damage carried on to work. When daylight arrived decided to have a proper look and there it was a slightly bent air con rad. Is this going to be expensive to replace. (p.s the deer did not survive so I picked him/her up and placed in the woods to where it was heading.) I was gutted and upset all day.

[Edited by Pbone - 11/18/2001 7:09:43 PM]
Old 18 November 2001, 07:30 PM
john mcfarlane
Scooby Regular

muntjac very tasty !! especially the saddle ? back.sorry I take it you were upset about the scoob not the deer the muntjac are a pest.Anyway the rad if you have to buy a new one it may be worth finding someone who sells pace products they are based near me in suffolk the performance people near cheltenam deal with them sorry don't know there name.When i raced quads I used to get them to make rads coolers etc for me cheaper than oem parts and at least 30% more efficient and they have the looks.I know they make stuff for most makes so maybe someone has a stock I used to go diect dont know whether they still sell to jo public they were are ? based at chedburgh near bury st edmunds. hope this helps
Old 19 November 2001, 07:01 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Cheers John, Going to get it checked by local dealer as he said on the phone that it *may* be o.k.
rgds pete.
Old 22 November 2001, 09:43 AM
spider
Scooby Regular

Pete, sorry to hear about the accident.

Not a hard & fast quote, but my dealer told me they're "about £250" when it came up in conversation (like these things do! )

Said they keep a few in stock because they're the first thing to go in an accident, or just from 'rock ingestion'!

Hope it's OK though.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 24 November 2001, 11:55 AM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

My dealer has told me it's o.k for now and also said if I want to change it later I can but he quoted me £500+vat I hope thats including labour.