Notices

Stuttering problem / Boost leak

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2006, 04:39 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool Stuttering problem / Boost leak

MY00 with FMIC that keeps blowing one of the intercooler hoses, the clamps that connect the pipe coming out of the turbo to the pipe that dissapears into the wing and into the intercooler, this is particularly annoying but not my main problem. Why would this joint keep blowing and none of the rest?

Under hard acceleration the car juddes like it is hitting the rev limiter, the car still takes off like **** of a stick but if you gun it it judders as I described, however if you accelerate slowely it seems to be ok until it really gets going then starts juddering like it's hitting the rev limiter. Could this be due to a leak in the intercooler piping or not? it used to run perfectly when first fitted, and it also ran perfectly when it was remapped in August, it was also fine up until last month when the coupling blew off, I reconnected the two pipes with the blue samco hose and tightened up the jubilee clip as tight as I dared so as not to strip the thread, it is after that when it started the juddering under acceleration. None of the other couplings have blown off just this one.

I suppose it could have loosened the one that connects to the intercooelr in the bumper but surely if this was the case then that pipe would blow off aswell or instead.

Maybe I need to invest in those clamps with the bolt in them rather than jubilee clips! but I have no idea where or if I can get them here in Germany.

Any help or advice on what could be causing this would be appreciated.

The car is running upto 1.4bar and settling at 1.35 bar if that helps.

Also my injectors are running at 92% capacity

Also one last thing, when the intercooler hose blows the car looses all power and stalls, why does it do this and not just run like a N/A car or at least keep running so that you can have power stearing, brakes and be able to drive the car until you find somewhere to pull over.

Cheers

Last edited by Wurzel; 04 October 2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04 October 2006, 05:08 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put a 2nd clip on to give it a bit more hold that sounds like the main problem . Had this my self.

no turbo no gogo it needs the turbo to run. Could be your clicp is shot and not sealing propley and under power air is pushing past
Old 04 October 2006, 09:38 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Steve, dont you have a "Bau und Hobby" place near you where you can pick up parts (Obi or Hornbach)? drive around all the car places you can find one saturday and see if you can find some decent clips. Truck places might also be worth looking for. German word for it might be "die Schlauchklemme".

I would assume that when the pipe blows all the readings that your MAF and other sensors make are shot to shreds and so out of whack the ECU cant compensate, hence it runs like it does.
Old 04 October 2006, 10:08 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

hydrolic (sp) clips might be a good plan