Notices

Ecu code 53? Yer what?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2006, 03:10 PM
clc1100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu code 53? Yer what?

Hi, been having trouble since a trip to Ireland last month and was unable to locate any Shell petrol stations on my travels resulting in having no optio but to fill car with crap petrol.

Might well be coincidence but since using crap petrol the car has really run badly. Misfiring stumbling under acceleration etc. Either way i need help.

I have replaced the HT leads, plugs (Recommended ones) and even reset the ecu. Before resetting the ecu i checked the reading and it read "code 53" which is fuel pump/or wiring. Checked the ecu today two weeks later and the code 53 is flashing up again.

Two things the serial port underneath the steering colomn, is that something the garage uses for a more detailed diagnostic check and should i get that checked first before doing anything?

And I am just about to walk outside (once it stops raining) and check the pump but thought i would ask first, the pump is located under the rear seat drivers side, thats right i think. The car its self is a 99 turbo Uk version with PPP fitted from new (factory as it were) is there anything different on a PPP car or should it be the same as any other uk version. Any hints or tips would be gratefully received.

After reading some posts i need to check the relay and power at pump anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Dave