Notices

STi V8 Dashboard in Sti V7 (possible?)

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2006, 03:27 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb STi V8 clocks in Sti V7 (possible?)

Ok guys its been a long time since i have posted on here, been busy with family life/work that i havn't had time for nothing else socially, that and the sccoby has been off the road for 4 months now due to nackered clutch and flywheel but all is good now and i am back on the road (for the time being anyway).

So here comes my quick questions to all the qualified members on here, new and old alike.

I am thinking of changing my clocks (rev/speed/fuel/mileage etc) from the plain Version 7 to the groovy Version 8 console.

So my first question is

1. Can you do a straight swap for the V8 Sti speedometer/clocks console for the version 7. If not what do i need to do and is the connector the exact same as the V7 clocks? common sense says so but you never know eh.

Also will the speedometer/clocks do the funky rev up and down with engine ignition turn on with my V7 Sti like it does on the version 8 or is that controlled elsewhere so it wouldnt work on my car.

Also what happens to the mileage if i changed the clocks for a v8 sti, would i still have the same mileage on my car as it is now but display on the newer sti v 8 clock or would i have the mileage from a second hand V8 clock?

2. Last and final question.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket rear light companys that do some really nice alternative rear lights apart from the motec solution (and here is the important part) that actually fits round the arch as on the Sti version 8 rear lights but without the underlight part.

Otherwise i am thinking of using a STi V8 bumper with Sti V8 rear lights or even new lights on the japeye models.

PS: I did search the board for an answer but results were not specific to my question.

Anyway i would really appreciate any advice on all of this.

Take it easy everyone!!

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 25 September 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 25 September 2006, 05:08 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right i have found out that the Sti 8 clocks WILL fit in my Sti 7 no problem at all.

I assume the temperature sensor will work (as it does currently in my JDM Sti 7) and its just the DCCD lights that will not light up because i don't have DCCD?

Also does the Sti 8 clocks have a shiftlight and audible beep like on my Sti 7 clock?

I just need to find someone that has some for sale other than a salvage company that charges a fortune.

Oh and i take it JDM Sti 8 and UK Sti 8 clocks are the same apart from the KMP / MPH readout? They both still animate don't they.

PS: I think i have lost the plot as it seems i am talking to myself... lol