Notices

APS SR40 put on+dyno pics on STI02

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2006, 09:51 AM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS SR40 put on+dyno pics on STI02

Well, finally last week I got some power for my sti 02.After lots of thinking I decided to buy the APS SR40 turbo.When I pick up the car I was quite happy with the dyno results, we first got 408hp at 1.6bar, but my tuner said that with my stock internals I must stay under the 400hp mark to have a reliable car, so he run at 1.4bar and we were getting between 380hp and 395hp, finally he adjusted the cam degree further and we left it at 392hp(not shown on the dyno because made on the laptop while an the road).He said that is the best result he had with this turbo so far, that is because of my haeders he thinks.
FIRST DRIVING IMPRESSION:
At first I felt like I was driving a different car, the way the power is delivered now is completly different!First I didnt know what to think, but after a while I was learning it and I found plenty of power, I realize that when I let all the fourth gear unleash its power and I almost got scared.It is way different from before, there is no more that hard kick that was there before around the 4000rpm, but a neverending pushing feeling from 4600 to 7500rpm, where the power always seems to grow till you droop the clutch to change gear.It is more driveble now, expecially coming out of corner is much better and progressive.
BOOTOM LINE:
I kind of miss that old kick, but I love the new progressive feeling and I dont regret one cent of what I spent...
HERE ARE MY MODS:
-Prodrive downpipe
-Custom made 70mm middle pipe(no cat) and final.
-Fujitsubo racing headers and up pipe
-APS TMIC(with blitz writing on it)
-Custom made high flow fuel rail
-650cc injectors
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Custom made suction kit + HKS filter
-Oversized turbo inlet pipe
-Excedy twin plate clutch-flywheel kit
-Prodrive boost solenoid
-ECUTEK remapped.1bar and 1.4bar