Notices

Bloody central locking,or lack of sometimes !

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2006, 09:14 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bloody central locking,or lack of sometimes !

Im sure it did this before i had my alarm fitted,but here goes.

basically, i can unlock the car via the key and all 4 doors unlock fine, if i use my key fob,the drivers door unlocks, but the rest dont.

i checked out the alarm install, i now have an extra solenoid for the alarm that piggybacks onto the standard solenoid bar,this had made the unlock tab on the handle a little stiff,so i have re-alligned the handle/bars etc and this worked for a while, no problems, but now its back again.

im sure it did do this before i had an alarm (fresh import) i would unlock with the key only and they would unlock but sometimes,when i sat in car, the other 3 would lock, the drivers door never plays up.

does this sound like a dodgy solenoid in the drivers door ?

cheers.........
Old 01 September 2006, 09:21 PM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the c/l control box. Its a black box about the size of a matchbox, but a little bit longer. Its situated in the passenger footwell side, it is secured by a 10mm bolt as i can remember. Just look to the left of the glove box and look up the side, and you should see it. My sons was doing exactly the same, kept locking or unlocking when driving now and again, plus the same problem as yours when operating the fob on the alarm , would unlock the drivers door , but not the others, same when locking, but then it would work sometimes, really annoying. I changed this, and its sorted. Pick one up from a breakers.
Old 01 September 2006, 09:23 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

will try that,cheers, mine also does that, i can be driving along and kachunk,the 3 doors,except drivers,have locked !

cheers.....
Old 05 September 2006, 06:57 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Hmm,on closer inspection, it seems a dodgy drivers door mechanism, i.e the lock/latch part, where the bars go into the lock part, if i move the plastic latch the tiniest bit, it locks,yet nothing has actually really moved.

could it be the drivers door latch unit at fault, or is it still operated by the unit on the passenger side ?

dont know much about how c/l works really......

cheers.