Self brake bleed kits..

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2006, 12:06 AM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self brake bleed kits..

Hi,

Has anyone got one of these (or a variant) and are they any good. Seems like they kiss goodbye to the need of having to nip around every individual bleed valve in order to sort the brakes:

Mityvac Automotive Tune Up Kits are a budget version of the MV4000, The Mityvac 7000 kit comes complete with instructions (English and Spanish) and accessories needed for one-person brake bleeding and automotive testing.

or

Motrax Big Bleeder Motorcycle Brake Bleeding Kit - Finally a quality answer to bleeding your motorcycle brakes that does not require 3 friends to help. The Big Bleeder is a professional motorcycle brake bleeding kit, which uses a vacuum pump to draw the old brake fluid and air from the motorcycle brake system allowing 1 person to top up the motorcycle brake reservoir. Not only will this kit bleed the motorcycle brakes, the pump can be switched to allow you to pressure check numerous systems on the motorbike including motorcycle brakes, oil, water systems etc

Old 29 August 2006, 02:51 AM
type36lotus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried the mighty-vac as well as an eze-bleed(?). The vacuum sucked air in around the bleed screw and the eze-bleed which presurizes the brake master cylinder popped off and blew brake fluid everywhere. What worked best for me were speed bleeders. These are replacement bleed screws with a check valve installed. You open them up some one at a time and then go and pump your brakes. I slipped a clear hose over the ends so I could tell when clean, bubble free fluid was present. When you have repeated this for all four corners you are done. I did this for both my Lotuses, but not my Subie, dealer maintains it quite nicely.

Mike