Notices

Running problems after fitting silicone turbo inlet....

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2006, 01:13 AM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running problems after fitting silicone turbo inlet....

I've been running my car today after fitting a silicone turbo inlet, however seem to have a problem...

On full throttle/full boost, above around 5000rpm - I'm now getting a loss of power and hesitation, as if the car is hitting a limiter. Normally I would suggest checking the plugs/leads/coil pack, however seeing as I've just fitted the inlet pipe, I was wondering if this could be contracting at high boost/revs leading to the symptoms described?

The other possibility is that I've cracked the coil pack that sits on top of the inlet manifold as I lent the manifold on this whilst I fitted the new inlet.

Other than at high revs and full boost, the car runs perfectly well.

Any views?
Old 11 August 2006, 06:42 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Early inlet silicon pipes could collapse at high revs as the wall thickness was only 2 ply. About 18 months back Samco changed to 3 or 4 ply which cured the issue, but made them a nightmare to fit as they are so stiff.

If the ignition is cracked you certainlt need to change that or 'borrow' one to check by substitution.

Graham.
Old 11 August 2006, 09:43 AM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

I think it's most likely the hose that's to blame - it doesn't "feel" ignition related. Is there a cure - after spending 3 days with the car in bits to get the hose fitted, I'm not too keen on doing it all again?
Old 11 August 2006, 04:58 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had problems with my Samco hose collapsing above 5000rpm while mapping the next day i phoned Samco and spoke to a very helpful guy who asked me to return the hose and shipped a brand new hose free of charge, Not bad considering i bought it secondhand but i never told them that

If you use the car everyday this maybe a problem as it took 4 days to get the new hose
Old 11 August 2006, 09:13 PM
Robin Mullan
Scooby Regular

Location: Aylesbury. Type-R V4, 2.2l 415BHP, 400LBS. Feels good!!! Now i really want more !!!

Ive just recently fitted a silicone inlet hose on my car, its not made by samco, god knows who it is made buy, got it of flea bay, its a 3 ply thickness.
Just had my car remapped yesterday with good results and the pipe does not appear to be causing any problems.
No disrespect to you but are you sure you have got your vaccum pipes, etc...etc... on correctly as there are plenty of them.
I made the mistake last year after i fiitted a new engine to my car and had 2 of the vaccum pipes the wrong way round to give it no turbo boost control, luckiley i was only running it in otherwise it could have been another expensive engine rebuild on top of an expensive engine rebuild.

Last edited by Robin Mullan; 11 August 2006 at 09:20 PM.