Notices

Can anyone fit a backbox?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 06:44 PM
AdamCrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone fit a backbox?

Evening all, ive still not decided what Rear Silencer i want yet but was wondering if its the sort of thing an amateur could do.

Considering ive now got my garage free and have loads of space i might buy myself a decent trolley jack and have a good old root under the motor.

Is it just a case of removing a few screws / bolts, removing the old backbox and swapping over for your new one or is it a bit more complicated?

Do they provide you with all the required bits, i wouldnt want to start the job and find out i need to get a new exhaust bracket / gasket thingy.

I feel like doing things myself on the car for a change instead of taking it someone and being charged a fortune.

Thanks

Adam
Old 10 August 2006, 06:53 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Yes, it's an easy DIY job. Make sure you get a new gasket with the new back box, or buy one from subaru before you start.

Should be a simple case of undoing the two bolts that connect the back box to the centre section, prising the hangers off of the rubbers, and removing. Make sure you give the bolts and the rubbers a good squirt of WD40 before you start to make things easier.
Old 10 August 2006, 07:04 PM
AdamCrank
Scooby Regular

Great, nice one mate

I'll try my hand at fitting it myself then when i finally decide to get either the Ninja or the Afterburner.

Thanks for the help.

Adam