Notices

Millers Octane Plus Query

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2006, 03:07 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millers Octane Plus Query

Just been in a car accessory shop and noticed they stock Millers Octane Plus. I have been going to get some to give it a try in my car (with Optimax) for a while now and thought I would purchase a bottle - heard quite a few goods things from people on here about it.

However, when I read the instructions on the back of the bottle I noticed it says "NOT to be used with vehicles fitted with a Catalytic Converter". Am I to take it then that everyone on here using it have complete decats - and therefore presume it will not do my Sports Cat DP any good?

Must say I am quite supprised by this.
Old 01 August 2006, 03:44 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Default Very Strange.....

I have just looked on the Millers Website (http://www.millersoils.net/index2.html) and it states the following (note the text I have highlighted in red):

Application
Used to increase the octane rating of unleaded and super unleaded petrol
* Add the bottle contents [250 mls] to 50 litres of unleaded petrol [premium or super] for catalyst equipped vehicles.
Always add Octane Plus to tank before filling with petrol.
For regular use.

So, I have been back to the car accessory shop and re-read the label - it definately states "NOT to be used with vehicles fitted with a Catalytic Converter". The label looks similar to the one displayed on Millers website - see below (although the detailed instructions cannot be seen).

So what's the crack - can I use it or not? Car is a MY02 WRX with decat up-pipe & centre sections, but with a Sports Cat DP.

Last edited by Palmo; 01 August 2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01 August 2006, 05:38 PM
ronanharper
Scooby Regular

I use this stuff regulary and have been doing so for about over a year now (since they took super unleaded off the market in Ireland).

Must say that it is definitley good stuff and would recommend it. My bottles are the same as your picture above and it definitley says to be used with vehicles that have a CAT. I've a 53 reg STI (Type UK) - only mod is a scorpion exhaust from the second CAT back, therefore the original CAT is still in my car. I've seen other Millers Octane bottles that are for cars without CAT's - perhaps that's what you've seen???

Rónán
Old 01 August 2006, 05:45 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

I use i a 05 jdm sti every tank with optimax .I think he has read the label wrong ??
Old 01 August 2006, 10:29 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

Millers do a few different octane products but none with a similiar name to "octane plus"...........

this is the only one in their range that IS safe to use reguarly in cat equipped cars!!

alyn
Old 02 August 2006, 11:52 AM
Alex86
Scooby Regular

From what I remember the one that cannot be used on cars with catalytic converters is the 'Millers CVL Turbo' additive ??