Notices

my04 flat battery!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2006, 11:13 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default my04 flat battery!!

just recently my car has developed a fault where the battery is going flat overnight but once its jumpstarted its ok until i leave it in the works car park for 8 hours and the ignition lights are very dull and the car wont start done a charging system check and its charging the battery at 14.32v but once the engine stops the battery is at 12.29v it first did this on tuesday morning then once i started it, it has been ok for 3 days no problem until tonight flat again 10.97v in the battery wont even turn the engine over i know the car has one of those crap black top white body batterys on it. anyone had this happen to them before

hit the wrong key on the title my03
Old 21 July 2006, 11:23 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob84
just recently my car has developed a fault where the battery is going flat overnight but once its jumpstarted its ok until i leave it in the works car park for 8 hours and the ignition lights are very dull and the car wont start done a charging system check and its charging the battery at 14.32v but once the engine stops the battery is at 12.29v it first did this on tuesday morning then once i started it, it has been ok for 3 days no problem until tonight flat again 10.97v in the battery wont even turn the engine over i know the car has one of those crap black top white body batterys on it. anyone had this happen to them before

hit the wrong key on the title my03
Standard fault with MY03 STi's. I'm on my second battery under warranty from the dealers (now been given a VARTA battery). I also now have an issue starting the car up from cold now as well. Plus I have the known fault of the rear strut clunking. Just got a couple of months warranty left, so hopefully can get it sorted at it's next service.
Old 21 July 2006, 11:25 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

common fault mate. Do a search and you'll see a lot about the subject.

I got a better one on warranty from the dealer...........now leave my sidelights on at all times which helps as well.
Old 22 July 2006, 02:38 AM
bowsaaa
Scooby Regular

Not just scoobs either, ive had a couple of other cars with the same problem. I always go for a decent battery when I get a new motor now, especially for winter time.
Old 22 July 2006, 12:06 PM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem at the start of last winter. I knew of the issue so just bought a Bosch Silver. Never had a problem since
Old 22 July 2006, 04:55 PM
willsy369
Scooby Regular

Just leave either side lights on or blower on medium, common problem this. Im no expert but what ive been told is, that if you leave one or both of these on then it can trick it into trickle charing the battery, if all off then the battery gets nowt thus going flat over night. not sure hoew true this is but it certainly worked for me and many others! hope this helps.

Willsy