Notices

oil temp/pressure gauge connection?

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2006, 09:05 PM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil temp/pressure gauge connection?

hi guys,wanting to fit oil temp/pressure gauges, on a my95 uk.
can someone please tell me the best way to connect em to the engine as ive read so many different ways, and where to get the parts to fit em,ie any adaptors etc,many thanks
Old 21 July 2006, 09:35 PM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 21 July 2006, 09:51 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Adaptors you'll be needing for gauge installation you can get from

http://www.lma-group.com/motorsport/...ing_parts.html

For the oil temp gauge you'll be needing the LMA067. This goes over the number 3 cylinder. To get to this area you'll need to remove the air resonator box and the various hoseing in the general area of said cylinder. Once you have gained access you'll see a bung with a 8mm hex drive (Allen Key) Remove this and install the LMA067 adaptor. Don't forget the ptfe tape. Screw in the gauge sensors into this again ptfe tape to be applied. Basically thats the oil temp sensor done.

Some people may well say install the temp sensor in a sandwich plate between the oil filter and sump. Thats a much simpler option for sure but for me the sensor and all associated wiring is open to the elements under the car. Also the hottest point on the engine is said to be over the number3 cylinder. So for me i'd rather have mine located there out of harms way. Your call.

Oil pressure. That ones located under the alternator. You'll see the original pressure sensor here with a spade end connector and wire on the top. Remove spade end from sensor.
Now then you'll notice the sensor is in two halves. Remove the upper half and leave the lower half in the block. Now you can do one of two things either install a remote tee piece adaptor LMA095 which allows you to use your original dash warning light as well as your new gauge at the same time or you can screw in your gauge sensor straight into the lower half of the original press adaptor. Do it that way and you'll not be using the dash warning. At the moment i have the latter installed just ahven't got round to installing a remote tee piece.

Here a very good link all based on the classic. Unfortunatly it seems to be unavailable at the moment i guess Stefan is up dateing it but please check it out it's a god send if you haven't done and installation before.

http://www.stefanostadal.homedns.org

See how you get on with that.
Old 22 July 2006, 08:42 AM
kildare scooby
Scooby Regular

hi i have autometer oil pressure and temp gauages i got a thing like a small bar with a thread on the end for the oil temp and like a block with 3 openings in it and a little thing like a cylinder with a pin out either end for the oil pressure,, can i use these like u said r will i need the parts u said
Old 22 July 2006, 10:05 AM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

rokay, brilliant mate,thats exactly what i needed, a clear and detailed description as ive read so many conflicting opinions,great help mate,cheers