Notices

THIS SUCKS.............

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2006, 10:04 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS SUCKS.............

Now I've got your' attention I need some help.

I have a 1996 uk wagon with full decat, HKS green panel filter and scoobyecu
and a boost gauge incar.

Of late, on accelaration, I'm getting a very loud sucking noise, similar to an induction kit sound, only problem is I don't have a kit fitted. Also, the car is struggling to reach 0.6 bar when it is mapped ( by scottT ) to peak at 1.2 bar.

I thought it may've been the HKS chav-valve leaking so I removed it tonight to no avail, however, I did find a split in the pipe that is the entrance(?) pipe for the OE d/valve. I have done a temp repair.

Anyone any ideas as I can't imagine that a small split just before the d/v could cause such a loud sucking noise.

Thanx in advance.

Si.
Old 12 July 2006, 10:51 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got a leak theres no chance for pressure to build

and anymore of the trapping head lines and i won't reply........it's not playing fair
Old 12 July 2006, 11:41 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by skoosh
Now I've got your' attention I need some help.

I have a 1996 uk wagon with full decat, HKS green panel filter and scoobyecu
and a boost gauge incar.

Of late, on accelaration, I'm getting a very loud sucking noise, similar to an induction kit sound, only problem is I don't have a kit fitted. Also, the car is struggling to reach 0.6 bar when it is mapped ( by scottT ) to peak at 1.2 bar.

I thought it may've been the HKS chav-valve leaking so I removed it tonight to no avail, however, I did find a split in the pipe that is the entrance(?) pipe for the OE d/valve. I have done a temp repair.

Anyone any ideas as I can't imagine that a small split just before the d/v could cause such a loud sucking noise.

Thanx in advance.

Si.

Bloody hell... hey up stranger...Not sure what the problem is but i'm sure you'll sort it...
PS... fancy sorting another mini meet in Crewe... for us locals? I tried with little success...lol