v2 STI Type RA - Teething problems

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2006, 11:33 PM
marshyRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI Type RA - Help needed

Hi Guys,

First post on here since picking up my car...http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...96#post5880596

Couple of questions for anyone who can help!... First thing is my biggest concern, the car has been safely mapped to approx 1.0bar but is only acheiving around 0.7bar through most gears, I was told this is most likely to do with the actuator being weak although the settings on my link ecu suggest it may be to do with the fact the wastegate sensitivity is set to 1 (10 being the highest). Turning this up to 3 corrected this and began to make 1.0bar however the knock count began to increase. I achieved 24 by the end of a run (about 16 after 10miles then increased to 24 after another 7miles). Is this a serious problem? Most of the time on the lower setting I am only seeing <10 if any at all. I am using optimax. Would be interested if anyone knew much about the Link ECU or what figures to keep an eye on to detect any problems? Seems to be running v. rich as MPG is seriously low.

Once this is resolved and it has had its first service I am going to look to increase the boost, from a TDO5 16G - what kind of boost will give a good balance between reliabilty and power? What modifications should I look for to increase safety and what are the potential problems I should look out for? Can anyone recommend which oil to use when I change this?

Next slight problem is I am having some problems selecting first and reverse occassionally from standstill. The box is pretty tight anyway but with a little persuasion it will eventually select. It has just had a new power products paddle clutch fitted so would the peddle just need some slight adjustment? Getting some judder and interesting noises too on slow manouvres but I understand this is normal with the DCCD?

Im hoping for a nice as reliable as possible 300-350bhp. I also have a forge DV006 and a uprated EVO7 FMIC lying around from my last car - would these be any use?!

Cheers for any info

Last edited by marshyRA; 22 June 2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 22 June 2006, 11:43 PM
marshyRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BTTT

I know Im asking alot but help on anything would be really appreciated thinking of speaking to Zen Performance as they are reasonably close and highly recommended I understand?
Old 23 June 2006, 11:08 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you mean Knock count? or knock reading.

If you are getting a true knock count of anything other than 0 then it is detecting engine noise mostlikely det above the set knock target.

If it has been mapped you shouldn't have to play around with settings to get it to boost correctly.

On the hand controller what is KNK SENS set to?

Simon