Notices

Help with water leak

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2006, 11:14 AM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with water leak

Ok so heres the story.........i bought a 95 wrx type r off a m8 in work where 2 weeks later the cylinder heads needed replacing ....so a mate of mine did them ...while he was doing this he found no end of problems

1. the car had not had anti freeze in it and all the pipes had rust in them (which caused the gaskets to go in the 1st place )

2. chipped cam pulley

3. dodgy cam cover seal

3. the rocker cover bolts were **** quality and snapped in the thread on the rocker

and now when i got home after a month of anticipation .....when i drove the car home it went perfect except a half a cup of water dripping on the floor ....it seems to be dripping from behind the sump?

ok now i was told by the guy that it will leak water and use oil as its basicall had an overhall so to keep an eye on the oil and water level

should it be leakin water ...i know anti freeze can find most holes in a cooling system but should i be worried lol....... the car isnt over heating unlike before when the engine was reaching stupid temperatures and putting back pressure thought the header tank thus pussing water throught the yellow over flow thingy

mmmmmmm ive only drove the car 3 times since ive owned an that was nearly 2 months ago lol

phil
Old 30 May 2006, 01:33 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Nice mates you have.

If done properly it should not leak water or oil.

I'd suggest you take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 30 May 2006, 06:44 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Car should not be leaking water
Pressure relief valve will have lifted on the water pump ( located front right by the sump ) when overheated ,relief valve is now leaking water out , it can't be re-set new pump required cam belt off to change as well , AS performance can supply next day delivery very helpful guy , check thermostat was changed as well as these stick and are a service item only about £12 . My stat stuck causing car to over heat and blow heat gasket changed every thing myself put it all back together toped up will water and saw it leak cam belt off new pump on cam belt on and all okay that was 2 years ago now good luck.

Mark
Old 05 June 2006, 09:20 AM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Any luck with the problem

Mark
Old 05 June 2006, 05:47 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its comming from behind the sump it sounds like one of the pipes that goes into the cabin (for the heaters) under the intercooler has split.