Notices

Dawes AFR not working after CEL fix

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2006, 02:12 PM
SteelWheels
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dawes AFR not working after CEL fix

First post so please be gentle with me. I got my Bugeye WRX MY01 about 6 weeks ago, dream car, love it.

One week after I got it the CEL light came on which worried me so I took it down to Scooby Clinic ASAP, they had it fixed within the hour. They said the CEL was coming on because the full sports exhaust (with Sports Cat) was probably upsetting the ECU so they had reset some of the parameters within the ECU between the front and rear sensors and reset the ECU which cleared the CEL. Great.

It wasn't until I got half way home that I relaised the AFR had stopped working. All I get now is the AFR red light coming on as the car is warming up at slow speeds and then it goes off completely. The car still drives great and power seems immense (but nothing to compare it to as not had it that long).

Scooby Clinic have said to drop it back in but before I did I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Looking at the original exhaust system which I got from the previous owner there is a sensor still stuck in the short cat (about 12 inches long, sorry, not sure which one this is) which makes me think the sports cat doesn't have a sensor in it. The guy I bought the car off says the AFR is wired to the ECU. Sorry for the ramble but as I say, it's all very new to me.