Notices

Hybrid boost controller problems.

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 10:18 PM
scoobymark66
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hybrid boost controller problems.

Hi guys.

I have just fitted a Hybrid boost controller with an EBS.

I have connected everything as per the instructions but think I may have one of the wires wrong.

The instructions say to connect one of the Hybrid (Orange) wires to the sensor wire. I am assuming this is the MAP sensor wire. I cut this and connected the Hybrid wire to the the ECU side of the MAP sensor wire.

I now have a cel and the car will only boost to 0.5 bar before I experience the same sudden loss of power as fuel cut (limp home mode?).

Can anyone see where I have gone wrong? Should I have joined the Hybrid wire to the MAP wire without cutting it?

Any help would be great. I have done a search of this site and the net in general without any luck.

Thank you.

Regards.

Mark.
Old 12 May 2006, 11:48 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobymark66
Hi guys.

I have just fitted a Hybrid boost controller with an EBS.

I have connected everything as per the instructions but think I may have one of the wires wrong.

The instructions say to connect one of the Hybrid (Orange) wires to the sensor wire. I am assuming this is the MAP sensor wire. I cut this and connected the Hybrid wire to the the ECU side of the MAP sensor wire.

I now have a cel and the car will only boost to 0.5 bar before I experience the same sudden loss of power as fuel cut (limp home mode?).

Can anyone see where I have gone wrong? Should I have joined the Hybrid wire to the MAP wire without cutting it?

Any help would be great. I have done a search of this site and the net in general without any luck.

Thank you.

Regards.

Mark.
You guessed it, just tie the orange Hybrid wire into the MAP to ECU wire, NOT cut it!

It should work OK then. Currently the ECU / EBC get no signal to work with to control boost.

Good bit of kit the Hybrid EBC.
Old 13 May 2006, 08:54 AM
scoobymark66
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic.

Thank you very much. I will try that now.

Cheers.

Mark.