Notices

Single Din Gauge pod.

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2006, 05:36 PM
cooky.wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Din Gauge pod.

I was wondering, is it possible to fit 3 - 52mm gauges in to the single din space on the centre console. If so can you buy the pods from anywere???
Old 15 April 2006, 05:54 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably but you'd need a blanking face plate. You can carbon ones already drilled with the three holes in but it's quite tight. Experience with taking that part of the dash apart tells me that unless they're three very simple electrical gauges you'll struggle to fit them in properly, at the back. IIRC Apex Performance who do stuff for the 200SX have got exactly those face plates.
Old 15 April 2006, 06:21 PM
cooky.wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silent running
Probably but you'd need a blanking face plate. You can carbon ones already drilled with the three holes in but it's quite tight. Experience with taking that part of the dash apart tells me that unless they're three very simple electrical gauges you'll struggle to fit them in properly, at the back. IIRC Apex Performance who do stuff for the 200SX have got exactly those face plates.
The blanking plate should'nt b a problem. av arranged a brushed stainless steel one to b cut out espesially. I was only wondering on sizes and space required to get the actual gauges in. and buying a pod would require less effort by myself.

cheers
Old 15 April 2006, 07:40 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was to go for a three gauge panel, I'd get one of those ones that replaces the top glove box. That seems to be a lot easier to hook up the gauges, a lot easier to actually read and access etc. Fact is though, I like my top glove box hence I only have a single boost gauge at the bottom of the A-pillar.