Notices

induction kit??

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2006, 07:32 PM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default induction kit??

hi guys,if i fit an induction kit on my standard internals uk 95 2000 turbo will i need to tweak the ecu or anything or can i leave it as is?? got decat back box and 3inch downpipe too!!
Old 14 April 2006, 07:35 PM
slammedmind
Scooby Regular

most do not recommend fitting an induction kit from what ive noticed on here. Although from what ive seen in japan a good quality induction kit such as the apexi is a good kit to use. You shouldnt need to change anything with the induction kit. just make sure you clean it at regular intervals.
Old 15 April 2006, 11:42 AM
dadoc
Scooby Regular

you'll get peep teeling you the maf will fail and the engine will blow i have fitted two and have no problems great sound i also have an email from ggr and pipercross stating their kits to be 100% safe and dont need remapping if you look up the ecutek site it clearly states you only need to remap if you change the cross section of the pipe the maf is fixed to
Old 15 April 2006, 08:26 PM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

nice one cheers dadoc
Old 16 April 2006, 06:34 PM
wideybrook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dadoc
you'll get peep teeling you the maf will fail and the engine will blow i have fitted two and have no problems great sound i also have an email from ggr and pipercross stating their kits to be 100% safe and dont need remapping if you look up the ecutek site it clearly states you only need to remap if you change the cross section of the pipe the maf is fixed to

The only problem is that on a recent dyno day it was found that a customer with a Pipercross kit was running week, after changing the kit to another make the car started to run OK. Any ideas?
Old 16 April 2006, 10:00 PM
wrxcar
Scooby Regular

induction kits are nice i fitted a k&n to mine and my fueling was fine the only problem i have and have had many times before is if you have a good free flowing exhaust and fit a induction kit you will hit boost cut as the engine flows muh easier
Old 16 April 2006, 11:22 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dadoc
What's the link to their site and where does it say no re-map is required?

Cheers

Anders
Old 17 April 2006, 08:42 AM
wideybrook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxcar
induction kits are nice i fitted a k&n to mine and my fueling was fine the only problem i have and have had many times before is if you have a good free flowing exhaust and fit a induction kit you will hit boost cut as the engine flows muh easier
Rubbish
Old 17 April 2006, 02:27 PM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

ive just removed the snorkel in the inner wing on my standard airbox with hks panel filter and replaced with cold air feed,seems fine.