Notices

Interior Light Delay??

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2006, 02:05 PM
MicaLee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Light Delay??

I have fitted an Interior Light Delay to my 1994 WRX. Works fine, however that annoying noise which occurs when the door is open will not stop until the light goes out! The noise is obviously triggered by the light being on. Any solutions - Probably disable the noise full stop, but how
Old 31 March 2006, 02:28 PM
scooby.2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MicaLee
I have fitted an Interior Light Delay to my 1994 WRX. Works fine, however that annoying noise which occurs when the door is open will not stop until the light goes out! The noise is obviously triggered by the light being on. Any solutions - Probably disable the noise full stop, but how
I dont know if this will help,but whilst fitting a de-ristrictor to the rear of my speedo on my old 94WRX,i noticed a small green (i think ) multi pin plug had come loose from the back of the clocks,plugged it in,and it was the door open alarm,had never worked until then..
Got to be worth a try..
Scooby.2 (steve)
Old 31 March 2006, 02:29 PM
Chad!
Scooby Regular

My guess is (not professional or a certain opinion), that is is a ring circuit of a kind. You'd need to find out where the bell or buzzer (not sure which cause mine don't do it) is and then use a meter to find out which wire goes through the buzzer, using it as a stright through link. Cut the wire off each side and link it together. But as I said, this is only going off basic principles. Jap car, they could of done anything with it. I hope this all makes sense anyway and hope it helps.

Chad.
Old 31 March 2006, 02:30 PM
Chad!
Scooby Regular

Sounds easier. I'd go for this one...

Originally Posted by scooby.2
I dont know if this will help,but whilst fitting a de-ristrictor to the rear of my speedo on my old 94WRX,i noticed a small green (i think ) multi pin plug had come loose from the back of the clocks,plugged it in,and it was the door open alarm,had never worked until then..
Got to be worth a try..
Scooby.2 (steve)
Old 31 March 2006, 02:32 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On top of the ignition barrel there is a little microswitch with a connector, if you un-plug this the "ignition key" warning buzzer is disabled.
Old 31 March 2006, 02:39 PM
scooby.2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
On top of the ignition barrel there is a little microswitch with a connector, if you un-plug this the "ignition key" warning buzzer is disabled.
It gets easier..
Old 31 March 2006, 03:36 PM
MicaLee
Scooby Regular

Yep all done. I lost connection to the net, so went for another dig around. I disconnected the ignition barrel wire as previously suggested.

Thanks for all the support.

Lee