Notices

does anyone know what these ecu upgrades are like?

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2006, 11:42 AM
pimpalicous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone know what these ecu upgrades are like?

seen this item on ebay and says he has sold some on here!?

Item number: 8051102321
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8051102321

does anyone know what these are like/or have one fitted to there car? as im really intrested in this item so any feedback would be much appreciated cheers guys and gals chris
Old 31 March 2006, 01:11 PM
pimpalicous
Scooby Regular

anybody?
Old 31 March 2006, 01:28 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try a search on "Scoobyecu" which should throw up a lot of threads which might be helpful
Old 31 March 2006, 02:24 PM
Tim-H
Scooby Regular

I used to have one , does exactly as it say`s on the ad, brought the boost up to about 1.1 bar on a 96 sti ra, was worth the money ( probably the cheepest chip conversion ever) and worked well as a basic upgrade,
as above search on "scooby ecu"
Have a good one
Tim
Old 31 March 2006, 06:17 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Seriously overpriced now, they used to sell for around £50.00.

It's a direct replacement chip so not mapped to your specific
car, I don't think it can be remapped whilst in the ECU, so can't
be rolling road adjusted.

Rob
Old 31 March 2006, 08:02 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not overpriced....just 'market' price.

They never sold for £50. It was £60 then increased to £100 plus fitting/postage. But that was about 4 years ago.......

Ebay start price is £60.

I was always told at the time that I could get alot more for them, so that's now whats happening.

With regard to is being 'not mapped to a specific car' :
Several versions are available for different models, and 'winners' are asked to provide a spec.

No more boost is available from a standard car due to several limitations. Slightly more ignition advance and leaner running may be available from a bespoke map, but any mapper worth his salt should leave a bit of headroom anyway.

With regard to remapping :
They can be remapped on the RR if the RR has the ability to emulate the 27C1028 with 2 8-bit devices. The only rolling roads that touch the early ECU AFAIK are Power Engineering and Scooby Clinic. Both have this emulation ability. They will charge approx IIRC £450 - £600.

Once the map is emulated the final solution is re-blown onto the 27C1028 device.

Just because a RR oufit maps on the rollers doesn't mean it's maped to it's best. When I 'HAD' to use PE to remap my ECUTEK MY00 all they done was put in a generic map from a car with 'similar' mods and then fiddled with the boost control.

Hence why I now have an Apexi Power FC...

P.S Even at the Ebay prices I still get comments that it's the best money people have spent on the car

Last edited by Scott.T; 31 March 2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04 April 2006, 05:01 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scott.T
Not overpriced....just 'market' price.

They never sold for £50. It was £60 then increased to £100 plus fitting/postage. But that was about 4 years ago.......

Ebay start price is £60.

I was always told at the time that I could get alot more for them, so that's now whats happening.

With regard to is being 'not mapped to a specific car' :
Several versions are available for different models, and 'winners' are asked to provide a spec.

No more boost is available from a standard car due to several limitations. Slightly more ignition advance and leaner running may be available from a bespoke map, but any mapper worth his salt should leave a bit of headroom anyway.

With regard to remapping :
They can be remapped on the RR if the RR has the ability to emulate the 27C1028 with 2 8-bit devices. The only rolling roads that touch the early ECU AFAIK are Power Engineering and Scooby Clinic. Both have this emulation ability. They will charge approx IIRC £450 - £600.

Once the map is emulated the final solution is re-blown onto the 27C1028 device.

Just because a RR oufit maps on the rollers doesn't mean it's maped to it's best. When I 'HAD' to use PE to remap my ECUTEK MY00 all they done was put in a generic map from a car with 'similar' mods and then fiddled with the boost control.

Hence why I now have an Apexi Power FC...

P.S Even at the Ebay prices I still get comments that it's the best money people have spent on the car
Scott - Not trying to P*ss on your parade mate, but...

You have just cleared a few things up for me !!

Thanks

Rob