Dump valve vacuum hose.

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2006, 12:46 PM
Chad!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dump valve vacuum hose.

Afternoon all,

Just a quick query. I have a VTA valve on my scoob (MY00). What would happen if the vacuum hose (think thats what it is) that plugs onto the dump valve, was unplugged and left unplugged? I would assume that I would have to clamp/block it off anyway, but what would happen in terms of the dump valve?? Just been sat here thinking about it you see and as I'm still trying to learn about these type of engines, thought I'd ask the question and see what I get back.

Chad.
Old 29 March 2006, 12:55 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you unplugged the vacume hose you would have to make sure it is sealed other wise your inlet would leak and your car will run like crap..

The dump valve will cease to function, the vacuum is what opens it.
Old 29 March 2006, 02:32 PM
Chad!
Scooby Regular

Excellent. Thanks for that. I did think that's how it worked but I wasn't sure. Only thing is, I aint too keen on the actual sound of it. It's more like a loud hiss. Sounds just like when you go through a puddle I suppose. Can anyone suggest a VTA dump valve that sounds really good and does the job without making my car run like crap??

Thanks,

Chad.

P.S. Would like a HKS SSQV, but rather pricey.
Old 29 March 2006, 02:42 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

as a temp measure I'd stick a standard recirc back on rather than disabling the BOV altogether. Disabling it will cause back pressure in the turbo, stalling the fins and ~possibly~ causing damage over a period of time. I'm sure you could pick up a standard recirc for a tenner or so off here or fleabay (i got a newage recirc for 12quid).

If you really want to know all about running without a BOV do a search
Old 29 March 2006, 02:48 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad!
Excellent. Thanks for that. I did think that's how it worked but I wasn't sure. Only thing is, I aint too keen on the actual sound of it. It's more like a loud hiss. Sounds just like when you go through a puddle I suppose. Can anyone suggest a VTA dump valve that sounds really good and does the job without making my car run like crap??
Get a double piston dump valve, the second inner piston remains closed until there is positive pressure to open it, this way you dont have problems at idle and you loose the chavy long ptshhhhhhh noise.