Notices

ecu for a uk car, with a td05.

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2006, 08:07 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ecu for a uk car, with a td05.

i just need advise regards a ecu, im running a z4 but im after a uk ecu, i was running a 7d. witch would suit my car better, its a uk turbo. running a tdo5. the z4 i have runsd great, but i hate the limitor. so im after a uk one in stead. any advise would be great. pm please
Old 27 March 2006, 12:06 PM
vessy
Scooby Regular

Why not get the delimiter chip from Ebay, would be much cheaper and you keep the Z4 performance?

Otherwise i'm sure there would be a lot of UK owners willing to swap!!

All UK's before 96 had the TD05 Unit so any early ECU will do it.
Old 27 March 2006, 12:55 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have an ecu I can swap with you for the Z4..
Old 27 March 2006, 06:18 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by vessy
Why not get the delimiter chip from Ebay, would be much cheaper and you keep the Z4 performance?

Otherwise i'm sure there would be a lot of UK owners willing to swap!!

All UK's before 96 had the TD05 Unit so any early ECU will do it.
?, delimitor chip. ive got a uk 95 turbo. the delimitor chip is for a 97>, the delimitor for early classics will work on imports. ive a uk. if there was a chip or some thing like this. i would snap it up asap. regards swoping a uk ecu for my z4. it cost me quite alot for this z4, but i can pic a uk one up for £75 quid from scooby bits. i would like to find out more to if i can just take this limitor thing off. + wouldent mind it being changed to 97rom, instead of 100ron. may save a couple of quid on fuel. any ideas...
Old 27 March 2006, 10:40 PM
vessy
Scooby Regular

I Think the chip works on all?

You have a Jap ECU which works fine on your car so why wouldn't the chip work that is designed for a Jap scoob??

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Secondly the Z4 ECU has been checked and it will run fine on 97 RON, maps are identicle to PPP ECU, just slightly lower boost pressure. I've run mine on 97 (Sainsburys !!!) with zero det, car was datalogged under hard driving conditions, like i say no det or knock from sensor.
Old 28 March 2006, 10:23 AM
dbuxs
Scooby Regular

The pre 97's with a digital have a mechanical limiter, and post 97's use a chip. the mechanical one goes between the gearbox and the speedo cable or between speedo cable and clocks, there's 2 different tyes. hope this helps.

dave
Old 28 March 2006, 11:55 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

so whats the difference between a uk ecu and a jap spec one? and why are they not interchangable?...... often wondered
Old 28 March 2006, 12:01 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dbuxs
The pre 97's with a digital have a mechanical limiter, and post 97's use a chip. the mechanical one goes between the gearbox and the speedo cable or between speedo cable and clocks, there's 2 different tyes. hope this helps.

dave
Thats the answer you need, have a JDM '93 that was mechanically limited at the gearbox - got it delimited by a chap called mark at eurospec when i imported it :-

http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/

rubbish website and garage is a tip, but he is an awesome mechanic - knows his jap cars inside out.

Mines with him now having a TD05 and your Z5 ecu fitted dave, hopefully it won't go pop as a result
Old 28 March 2006, 03:02 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rigga
so whats the difference between a uk ecu and a jap spec one? and why are they not interchangable?...... often wondered
thay are interchangable, but most of the delimitors change the kph to mph. as im using a uk car the macanical delimitors dont work. all the import ecus, well the jap ones have speed limitors. its not just the scoobys its all. but the import ecus run the cars quicker. i was thinking of a chip. but it will change the ecu all together.

anyways, thanks guys. this was a help. ive checked with most of the delimitor things on e-bay. but all bar one say it wont work becouse ive a uk car. i would ned the mecanical one. but the 97> have the chip. ive a 95. it looks like i may have to go for the chip. the only problem is my injectors. there bigger than standard. i now need to check that the cars not over fueled. if the cars fine now with the fuel. then the chip would be a great upgrade, well unless i get the apexi that is .
so its of to the rr, if ok. the chip it is....
Old 28 March 2006, 03:28 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dabow
thay are interchangable, but most of the delimitors change the kph to mph. as im using a uk car the macanical delimitors dont work. all the import ecus, well the jap ones have speed limitors. its not just the scoobys its all. but the import ecus run the cars quicker. i was thinking of a chip. but it will change the ecu all together...
right... its just that a few ecu's that have been advertised on here AE802-801? that ive enquired about have apparently been for uk cars only,and would not work on my jdm wrx.... wondered why that was as i assume model year for model year the loom would be the same,excepting sti ecu's that use air temp sensors and the crank and cam sensors wires that are the other way round
Old 28 March 2006, 05:18 PM
vessy
Scooby Regular

My 95 UK doesn't have a mechanical speedo, it's all electric, from what i have read pre 97 jap cars have the cable speedo, can the delimiter chip not be fitted to the wires that go direct to the ECU, hence not affecting the speedometer?

Taking an intrest as i will do mine sometime soon.
Old 28 March 2006, 06:15 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vessy
My 95 UK doesn't have a mechanical speedo, it's all electric, from what i have read pre 97 jap cars have the cable speedo, can the delimiter chip not be fitted to the wires that go direct to the ECU, hence not affecting the speedometer?

Taking an intrest as i will do mine sometime soon.
this is what/why im fining out. when i first got a jap/import ecu, no one said there would be a limitor on them. most said there was no such thing, & that its on the car. i found out with a w9 import ecu, bloody quick. but cut out at 112 mph. i cam on here, most said it must have been my car. i then got a z4 to find the same problem. ive asked about these delimitor, but if in a uk car. most wont work. the other problem ive found to, is if i do use the macanical cable thingy. i wouldent really now the proper mph i was doing. it does all come down to chipping the things.

Last edited by dabow; 28 March 2006 at 06:18 PM.