MY97/98 UK Turbo MAF

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2006, 07:38 AM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down MY97/98 UK Turbo MAF

Very frustrating evening last night.

Basically i think my MAF is dead. Picked up a bit of moisture on the way to get a curry. and the air flow maxed out to 5110. Carried on slowly and all was well.

Pulled up outside the curry house, turn off etc. When i come out again the car won't start.

MAF showing (on PFC Commander) 0115Mv on ignition live and no more on cranking. Couple of times it went and i got the airflow back for a few seconds and it ran, then lifted off the accellerator and it conked out

There is no knocking etc, all other sensors are ok.

I need to use the car next week, so, ANYONE GOT A MAF FOR A MY97/98 UK TURBO thats ok?

And to top it off the guy that turned up to take me the 8 miles home lost all his hydraulics when he lowered the flatbed and we were stuck for another 2 hours, waiting for more rescue lol, and my curry was 3 hours cold.

Regards

Iain
Old 26 March 2006, 12:10 PM
David_Harden
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iain atkins
Very frustrating evening last night.

Basically i think my MAF is dead. Picked up a bit of moisture on the way to get a curry. and the air flow maxed out to 5110. Carried on slowly and all was well.

Pulled up outside the curry house, turn off etc. When i come out again the car won't start.

MAF showing (on PFC Commander) 0115Mv on ignition live and no more on cranking. Couple of times it went and i got the airflow back for a few seconds and it ran, then lifted off the accellerator and it conked out

There is no knocking etc, all other sensors are ok.

I need to use the car next week, so, ANYONE GOT A MAF FOR A MY97/98 UK TURBO thats ok?

And to top it off the guy that turned up to take me the 8 miles home lost all his hydraulics when he lowered the flatbed and we were stuck for another 2 hours, waiting for more rescue lol, and my curry was 3 hours cold.

Regards

Iain
I have just replaced what turned out to be a perfectly healthy MAF.
When I took the old one off, it looked pretty new.

It's come off an MY99 STi Type R (version 4). It's the type where you can't change just the sensor, it's the whole unit. I'm not giving it away, because it's always good to have spares. If it's the right unit for you, it's yours for 100 quid (190 quid new).

David
Old 26 March 2006, 04:43 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

sti4 maf will not fit or run on a standard UK car, although with the PFC you could use it in conjunction with a tweak of the MAF scaling, it would need a new induction pipe and airbox/filter to fit.
Old 26 March 2006, 07:37 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Paul

Glad you responded, i will give you a buzz tomorrow about what happend etc, if thats ok.

In the meantime is a Purple sticker 22680 AA280 A36-613 R80 CODE 7414A the same as the same first number but code 6204A, if not then maybe you can get me one?

Thanks in advance

Iain
Old 26 March 2006, 09:14 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Have one in my garage, if you are local you can collect it for £40.
If you need it posting it will be £50inc as i really dont have the time to post anything out atm and will really need to go out of my way.

Still cheap either way but of no use to me.

Rob

p.s. i live in hertford, herts.
Old 27 March 2006, 07:50 AM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Rob

Sounds good. I may be able to come and collect it this afternoon, as my day can be juggled around a bit. You are about 70miles from me.

Do you have any idea what the part number is for it? My one is a Purple sticker 22680 AA280 A36-613 R80 CODE 7414A.

Kind regards

Iain

PS will copy this as a PM