Notices

New Parts!! wahoo!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2006, 10:53 PM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Parts!! wahoo!!

as you may have read my last thread! my Head Gasket went!! But!! good opp to fit some nice internals!! Bitz came this morn! if anybody else has or is still using any of these part please let me knw ur opnion!! One TODA Racing lightweight flywheel! £280, one Exedy Multi Plate Clutch £859,(says on this clutch box/instructions it can take upto 600bhp!) already as we found out when motor was striped it has new (looking) forged CP pistons!. Nice new HKS head gasket kit! £299,!! thats it for now lol!! will keep peeps updated tho!!

cheers Craig....
Old 27 March 2006, 05:37 PM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

went to check car out and its gona be ready on wednesday to pick up!! Guy at garage said the flywheel and clutch basicly fell on! bonus!, still needing to get limiter removed tho! or not as my lass keeps sayin! . So roll on wednesday ehh!! will beable to terrorise the streets again lol only joking! leave that upto the boy racers lol.

Cheers Craig...
Old 27 March 2006, 07:07 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

No disrespect matey, but why have you spunked away the best part of a grand on a clutch even before removing the limiter?
Old 28 March 2006, 12:10 AM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

good point m8! lol well i duno really! it's gona be removed of the next couple of weeks anyhow! plus it needed a new clutch anyways! was startin to slip! so thought i might aswell put a good one in!
Old 28 March 2006, 12:59 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

Why do you need a Toda flywheel, when the Exedy twin plate clutch comes with it's own fly wheel ? I would ask the garage for your Toda flywheel back !

I hope the HKS gaskets are the right compression for your engine ?

Is someone advising you what to buy ? Because you're spending WAY more than you need to.

Mark.
Old 28 March 2006, 06:44 AM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wrxcity
as you may have read my last thread! my Head Gasket went!! But!! good opp to fit some nice internals!! Bitz came this morn! if anybody else has or is still using any of these part please let me knw ur opnion!! One TODA Racing lightweight flywheel! £280, one Exedy Multi Plate Clutch £859,(says on this clutch box/instructions it can take upto 600bhp!) already as we found out when motor was striped it has new (looking) forged CP pistons!. Nice new HKS head gasket kit! £299,!! thats it for now lol!! will keep peeps updated tho!!

cheers Craig....
I have a exedy twin plate , there good when you get used to them , > Were did you get yours from ????? Alan.
Old 28 March 2006, 08:34 AM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R19KET
Why do you need a Toda flywheel, when the Exedy twin plate clutch comes with it's own fly wheel ? I would ask the garage for your Toda flywheel back !

I hope the HKS gaskets are the right compression for your engine ?

Is someone advising you what to buy ? Because you're spending WAY more than you need to.

Mark.
Mmm good point! will have to check what the garage say! to behonest i neva even thought! hope i can send it back! or it will be put in the 4sale section! and i bought the Exedy kit from ebay.... As for the gasket the guy on the phone said there was a few options depending on mods and future pland mods etc! so gave him all the info and the one i got was what he suggested! iv just come from the bloody garage aswell! scoobys sitting ticking ova when i was up there! tried the clutch out just on tick ova! seems to bite higher up now! will get used to it i suppose!....... 5 mins later...... just come off phone to garage and ask'd about flywheel! it's in my boot lol you were right m8! the exedy was a full kit and everything was there! lad at the garage has offerd £150 for the toda for his wagon! so probs sell it to him! cant belive i didnt notice this! thats what i get for rushing into stuff i suppose!.. scooby is gona be ready 2mora!