Notices

which radiator

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2006, 08:05 AM
riosingh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which radiator

I have a radiator whick leaks when the engine is runing at high speed(i think thats the problem, it cetenly smells like it).
so i was thinking of replacing the radiator.
I was going to buy one of those 99pound jobies off ebay, but i got chating whith the young gentleman who recores the radiators for me at work (I manage a fleet of lorries).
he is also a subaru nut (he even has the clothes). any way he recons that the subaru rads and the ebay ones are all crap. he said the origanals are ali and plastic, they are only good for tarmac roads, any way he recons his which are copper and brass are 4 times better at cooling and are repairable when they do leek. he even droped a few names of rally teams which use his radiators.
hes asking 400us dollars which is over twice what the ebay ones cost. but he recond his are a much superior product.
his products are usualy high quality, like I said i run a fleet of over a hunderd trucks, and the larger scanias are four hundred plus horse power and take a real battering especialy when in the mountain areas, and we use him for 100 persent of our radiator cores.
btw how much are the origanal subaru ones.
any advice would greatly aprecated
Old 06 March 2006, 02:05 PM
riosingh
Scooby Regular

Default ne1

any one
Old 06 March 2006, 02:16 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

As far as the cooling properties go i would not bother looking at any fancy expensive cores. there is some very big power cars around running happily on standard rads. Imprezas seem to suffer more from oil temp than water temp.

I suppose the bad thing about the o.e rads is they tend to go after a few years. i would avoid any cheapo ebay £99 job if it was me. Do you have a link?
Old 06 March 2006, 02:18 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

originals are fairly expensive but cannot remember exact price.. something like £300..

At 400us you could get two of the ebay ones.. depends whether you intend keeping the car forever or just another year etc..

Simon