Notices

Desperate help needed with misfire

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2006, 07:45 PM
DannyBoyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate help needed with misfire

I've sold my MY98 UKclassic scoob and just waiting his cheque to clear before he picks it up. The trouble is after swapping some bits over in order to sell its now got a bad misfire so need it sorted ASAP.

The misfire was hurrendous to start with. It ran lumpy on idle and as soon as I touched the throttle it died. It gradually got better until it became drivable and eventually went away completely. Tried two cold starts since and its now misfiring for 5 mins before clearing altogther.

Here's what I done to cause it...

I removed the Apexi Power FC and put back the standard ECU. In doing so I had to swap the pins which could possibly be a cause but have wiggled and checked and rechecked them and it makes no difference to the misfire.

I removed the AVC-R by just cutting the wires and wrapping with insulation tape. Again I have wiggled and played with the joins and even sepearted them all with a towel and its made no difference.

I also changed the turbo from FE TD05 back to the standard TD04.

The odd thing is I remember having a misfire like this a long time ago when running the standard turbo/ecu so could it actually be the ECU at fault or maybe a leaky turbo causing oil to go through the intake?

Please help. Any ideas concidred.