Notices

Replacing decat downpipe with cat for mot - gaskets?

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2006, 10:44 AM
waynerobshaw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing decat downpipe with cat for mot - gaskets?

Hi All,

I looking at swoping the decat downpipe with the old cat downpipe to get my car through the MOT. The current gaskets look a bit crusty, so I'm sure when I put the cat back on I'll need new gaskets. Where the best place to get these? Subaru? Will the standard gaskets fit? Unfortunately, I'm not sure what type of decat pipe it is and also what kind of exhaust system it connects to.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne.
Old 29 January 2006, 01:07 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waynerobshaw
Hi All,

I looking at swoping the decat downpipe with the old cat downpipe to get my car through the MOT. The current gaskets look a bit crusty, so I'm sure when I put the cat back on I'll need new gaskets. Where the best place to get these? Subaru? Will the standard gaskets fit? Unfortunately, I'm not sure what type of decat pipe it is and also what kind of exhaust system it connects to.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne.
I've seen them on e-bay for around £25-30 each end (turbo and centre pipe). Unless your car is a U.K model, you might have problems ordering from the main dealer.

You'll need a standard gasket for putting your cat back on, depending on what style of downpipe you have (open mouth or oval) you'll again need a new gasket for putting your de-cat back on after the MOT, as I'm sure they are slightly different. The centre pipe bung (ring gasket) should be the same, I reused this when changing mine, but now i've put the cat back on for the MOT it seems to be leaking slightly, so it looks like a new one for me also!!