Notices

Boost Problem

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2006, 11:55 PM
Dimbers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Problem

Anybody experienced any problems when boosting in second gear?
when i plant my right foot in second sometimes it doesnt seem to pick up like it should, when this happens if i take my foot off and then plant it again it seems fine. only seems to happen in second not noticed it in any other gear.
All i am running is a K&N induction (which i plan to remove as it seems slower with it on) Baily dump valve and a Magnex back box. oh and its a uk my98.

Any ideas would be very welcome.
Old 29 January 2006, 09:15 AM
sti 360
Scooby Regular

i have kn nothing wrong with mine, had mine about a month on car it started to act funny so just cleaned my air fillter car runs fine,so just take it off and clean it if that dont work you mite need a new cone,coz you said it runs fine without it on
matt
Originally Posted by Dimbers
Anybody experienced any problems when boosting in second gear?
when i plant my right foot in second sometimes it doesnt seem to pick up like it should, when this happens if i take my foot off and then plant it again it seems fine. only seems to happen in second not noticed it in any other gear.
All i am running is a K&N induction (which i plan to remove as it seems slower with it on) Baily dump valve and a Magnex back box. oh and its a uk my98.

Any ideas would be very welcome.
Old 29 January 2006, 11:01 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

I had a problem with mine.If i held it a zero boost for a second or two(no pos boost or no neg boost) and then booted it I was only getting half boost.Took my foot of the gas and floored it straight away and got full boost again.I could get the car to do this in all gears.I had Andy.F look at it and although it was there for shaw the problem could not be seen and it was possibly the original map.A new map was loaded and i havent had the problem since it was mapped six months ago. By the way its an 02 sti.
Old 30 January 2006, 06:13 PM
Dimbers
Scooby Newbie

Default Sorted

Removed K&N today and seems to be running better now.
Not really opened it up though but it feels a lot smoother and feels more responsive.

Advice is out with the new and in with the old. lol.