Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 07:00 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp Gauge

Hello

Having problems with the temp gauge Just put a engine back in the car and checked the sensor and its ok but basically the second i drive the car the temp gauge falls to the start and doesnt read any heat

But the engine is warm to the touch as it should, and the rad, and the pipes from the rad are all warm. All the fluids filled to the top ! But if i let the car stand at a still for 3 minutes the temp gauge rises to normal correct heat on the gauge!!

What could be causing this ? Could it be possible that i put too much Anti freeze in when puttin the new engine in ? Can anyone send me a pic of the sensor just so i can double check its the correct one

Worryed to drive it at the moment incase the engine is too cold, but to the touch its warm

Thank you
Old 23 January 2006, 08:24 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Sorry just to add its a 95 WRX Import
Old 23 January 2006, 09:50 PM
toigye
Scooby Regular

did you refill coolant with engine running and heater on full heat if not might have an air lock can still look like its full .sorry forgot to say if heater is getting hot it shouldnt be an air lock
Old 23 January 2006, 10:32 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, its changed now, REALLY worried im about to loose another engine, heres what is happening now :

On the way home i turned the heaters up full ( the gauge still reading nothing ) and noticed not much heat, it wasnt stone cold but there wasnt much heat coming on full blast. So pulled over and felt both the upper and lower pipes into the Rad and they were hot !! But this time when i touched the top of the engine is was hardly warm at all, after a 30 min drive at a slow pace ??

Worried cause last time the water pump failed and the head gaskets went and i dont want to go throu it again !

Also its bogging down heavly before coming on boost, especially 2 nd gear, not so much anything above that gear, and it wont stop boosting, i have to carefully put my foot on the accel or it boosts to over one bar - ive not gone over .5bar yet as dont want to cause any damage but i believe there is a fuel cut off at a 1 bar

Please plase help, taking it back to a friend who changed the engines tomorrow but i dont want him to drive it home and blow the head gaskets on the way
Old 23 January 2006, 11:06 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Is there a thermostat in it?