Notices

Parallel fuel mod, some doubts...

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 08:06 PM
Fredysan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parallel fuel mod, some doubts...

Hi:

I'm doing the parallel fuel mod in my Phase 1 fuel rail. I have read some stuff regarding to get both return lines to a dual entry FPR rather than Y-ing them.

To be honest, I can see any difference by doing this, so, Does anyone can tell me why should I use a dual inlet Fuel pressure regulator?, Will be better in terms of reliability, flow, etc?

At the other hand, some people says by doing this the fuel balance will be better getting the #3 cilinder less prone to detonation, allowing more timing advance with the consequent performance improving. Since I have a Power FC if this is true I could use this advantage.

Does anyone have experienced this stuff?

Thanks in advance
Old 19 January 2006, 10:15 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Errhh No

Loads of post on here about parallel fuel mods
Old 21 January 2006, 08:24 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

the standard system runs in series, this means that no.3 piston gets its fuel last, this means it can run lean and get very hot.
by running a parallel rail, the fuel gets distributed evenly through all pistons.
it may mean you can push the timing a bit further but for me its more about safety.
the only tyhing that I can think of regards a Y piece is that it is a restriction in the flow, whereas two seperate return lines has no restriction.

to me that is taking things further than they may need to go, unless your at big bhp and high fuel pressures
Old 21 January 2006, 10:37 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it but didn't notice a difference at more than double stock power output, but it was a Phase II car. I also ended up with a lot of fuel pipework that was lower than OEM quality. Done properly with good hose, joints, and tethering/mounting it could be a lot neater.

If you could measure a difference between cylinders why not just correct the trim on the Power FC?