Notices

clutch????

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2006, 06:41 PM
andysscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch????

hello, often when pulling off from stand still l can feel the car judder very very slightly, is this the norm for my 2004 sti, any advice?
Old 17 January 2006, 07:33 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

mine started doing that then it went a month later. classic wrx.

stew
Old 17 January 2006, 09:19 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

If its doing it cold then its quite normal, when its warm it shouldnt be doing it...i suppose you could try a launch start and see if that clears it up.
Old 18 January 2006, 09:14 AM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andysscooby
hello, often when pulling off from stand still l can feel the car judder very very slightly, is this the norm for my 2004 sti, any advice?
Mine does it very slightly, only came up after a very spirited drive one day. I heard it could be uneven wear on the clutch plate. Mine doesn't stop when it gets warm its there all the time, only very slight juddering. Its seems to have got better since the time when it first happened.
There are soooo many reasons for this, some say its a scooby thing and should clear up after about 10 mins (however mine is there all the time).
Some say the clutch is worn (however I've just had mine fitted not long ago).
Some say its the flywheel that hasn't been skimmed (mine was aswell)

I also have a problem with engine smell coming into the cockpit when at a standstill when warm. People reckon that maybe my rocker cover is leaking (common problem), don't know if the oil is somehow going onto my clutch plates?
I'm not that concerned due to the fact that I'm not using any oil so its only a little amount. The car is due for a service in a couple of months, I'm sure Subaru will notice the problem when looking around (don't want to go in, tellling them all the 'potential' problems, only for them to rub there hands in glee and say its all gone **** up)

I've heard that a full bore standing start is the way to go, but I remain unconvinced thats the correct way to get rid