Notices

New Member - few quicky questions

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2006, 09:25 AM
Nick_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - few quicky questions

Hello, just purchased a 1994 WRX Saloon. A lot nicer and faster than the Celica GT Four I had!

Anyways, wondering if someone could help me out a bit.

My Horn doesn't work, though it did in the first week of owning the car. I've been told it could be a fuse, is it a fuse in the engine bay or somewhere else? or could it be a wire that is lose (is that likely?). Lots of people I wanna beep at but no horn, please help!

Secondly, have no dump valve, though would like one. Which dump valve seems to be the most popular and makes the nicest whooosh?

Many thanks, hope you can help
Cheers
Nick
Old 16 January 2006, 09:34 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

horn theres 2 fues box's one in the engine bay (small one) and one by drivers feet on right hang side under dash has the wheel been changed for after market one if so might be worth a look in the middle under horn button
Old 16 January 2006, 10:19 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

You dont want the horn to work. When you get it working you will see what I mean. You will not press it when someone annoys you as they will laugh. Think Fiat Cinquecento
Old 16 January 2006, 10:34 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Nick_Scooby
Secondly, have no dump valve
Actually your car is fitted with a recirculating valve, it does its job better than a dta valve, plus dta valves can cause problems with fuelling which isnt a good thing (and its soooooooo chav having a dta).
Oh and just to make sure, what fuel are you running your car on? remembering that these cars are designed to run 100 ron fuel

Tony
Old 16 January 2006, 10:35 AM
Nick_Scooby
Scooby Regular

I know, I heard the horn a couple of times before it went, but I feel better after beeping someone!

So you reckon I shouldn't get a dump valve? Will the car run better without one? I don't want to cause trouble with fueling particularly.

I'm using OPTIMAX recently, though I find Ultimate seems to be the best, and I've used Sainsbury's Super Unleaded too without noticable loss in performance.

I put an octane booster in once since I've had the WRX which is about 1 month now, how often should I put an octane booster in, and which is the best booster?

Last edited by Nick_Scooby; 16 January 2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 16 January 2006, 10:50 AM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Actually your car is fitted with a recirculating valve, it does its job better than a dta valve, plus dta valves can cause problems with fuelling which isnt a good thing (and its soooooooo chav having a dta).
Oh and just to make sure, what fuel are you running your car on? remembering that these cars are designed to run 100 ron fuel

Tony
I second that Tony. Those dump valves can do some damage, I would stay clear of them, if you rev hard on the scoob, you do get the whoosh. Plus, you think Subaru would design a high performance car, lightening components testing and re-testing, then put a dump valve that isn't designed specifically for the car? I think they sound good, but keep it standard.

Have you noticed when searching for scoobies, that the modified ones go for no money and the standard ones are the sought after ones? Keep it standard!

Also, the only car that you can get away with having a massive, noisy dump valve on without looking like a chav is a big power Sapphire Cossie!! Only then would it be acceptible
Old 16 January 2006, 10:57 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick_Scooby
I know, I heard the horn a couple of times before it went, but I feel better after beeping someone!

So you reckon I shouldn't get a dump valve? Will the car run better without one? I don't want to cause trouble with fueling particularly.

I'm using OPTIMAX recently, though I find Ultimate seems to be the best, and I've used Sainsbury's Super Unleaded too without noticable loss in performance.

I put an octane booster in once since I've had the WRX which is about 1 month now, how often should I put an octane booster in, and which is the best booster?
Unless you have got it mapped stick octane in everytime. I do, better to be safe.
Old 16 January 2006, 11:01 AM
Nick_Scooby
Scooby Regular

what octane booster is best? and how much of it?
Old 16 January 2006, 11:03 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

This is what i use. Good stuff.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...=m1b42s26p1390
Old 16 January 2006, 11:21 AM
Nick_Scooby
Scooby Regular

So do you put this booster in everytime you fill up?
Old 16 January 2006, 12:51 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

yes.