Notices

Clifford 600 G4 alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2006, 06:27 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford 600 G4 alarm

I wonder if anyone could shed some light for me...

I have a clifford concept600 G4 alarm on my99, dunno whats going on with it but sometimes when you arm/disarm it, the chirp sometimes comes on then most of the time is silent, The flashes work how they should but also noticed my Siren dissapears the same time...

My alarm goes off, hazzards come on flashing but no siren, many times neighbours have knocked my door telling me "ive left my hazzards on" ..but its not.****e thing,

So what you reckon?
Time for new alarm or can I get the Siren fixed?????
Old 05 January 2006, 08:40 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

If you had the alarm fitted take it to a Clifford dealer and they will change it under warranty for you.

I think I may even have a C600 siren sitting in my garage!
Old 05 January 2006, 09:04 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

I bought the car with it already on, But how long does the warrenty last??
I have the booklet/instructions somewhere, sure of it, Ill dig them out...

But just incase, let me know if you have the siren and how much

Will it be a case of unplug n replace???

Old 06 January 2006, 10:49 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I think what you need is the battery that goes in the siren.

When I first bought my MY00 the 600 chripped open and close. Now it doesn't chrip at all. The siren will go off if I arm the car then open the door.

Can you get into the programming OK? through the little buttons on the dash? I can get into the setup program but can't do anything after that. I tried arming blackjaxx but it won't.

The problem with Clifford alarms is that if they are not installed properly you may as well not have one. I've also got a tracker so not too fussed it doesn't work properly but at least I know it will go off if someone tries to break into it.

Also, for the last 8 months I can't park my car within 100 yards of Tescos - the alarm completely ignores the keyfob and I get locked out for about an hour every time

Clifford IMHO are highly overated sh£te. Had a Toad Ai606 on my GTIR for 2 years without a single complaint and it cost less than half the 600 (from the receipt)
Old 07 January 2006, 03:28 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

Your siren is knackered. They only have a one year warranty so you will need to purchase a new one from your local Clifford dealer or a suitable (cheaper) online retailer who's name i cant quite remember.
Old 09 January 2006, 09:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by evolutionice.com
Your siren is knackered. They only have a one year warranty so you will need to purchase a new one from your local Clifford dealer or a suitable (cheaper) online retailer who's name i cant quite remember.
I know its hard to say without looking at the car itself. But would you say its was the siren thats causing my problems?

I disconnected the battery over night a whiloe back and it started chirping again but only for about a day.

I think becuase the siren doesn't chirp its hard to get into the programming side of the alarm. Like I said I've tried altering certain settings and turning on blackjaxx but its hard to tell if its in program mode or not.

Another issue is that you can stand next to the car with the alarm armed and rock the car without it muttering a sound. If a cat walks underneath the car it makes warning beeps and can go off. If I turn off the window roll up and arm the alarm sometimes it will go off if I put my hand into the space but most of the time it won't

Its been installed really badly IMHO. The brain is under the ECU plate in the passenger well and the wires are all over the place.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do is - attempt to fix the clifford or get it taken off and fit the Toad.
Old 10 January 2006, 07:45 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

Yeah I think Im gonna take my siren off and smack the f*** out of it, Ill end up getting a new alarm as I cant be arsed with the Bulls***, my Clifford book says its Lifetime warrenty for faults??? Do you reckon thats right???...thing is, it says the certifcate should have been filled out by the installer (Certificate in back of manual) but it hasnt ..which means Im stuffer really dont it...ah well!!!! Bloody thing