Notices

HELP!!! sigma m30 alarm PROBLEMS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2005, 08:07 PM
chris.h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! sigma m30 alarm PROBLEMS !!!

can anyone help having trouble with my alarm it keeps going off then stopping and starting again but no lights are flashing i tryed using the fob to turn the alarm off it just opens and closes the doors but doesnt stop it so i disconected the battery and that didnt stop it . it did stop after a bit but i havent conected the battery back up yet untill i can find the problem ?
Old 28 December 2005, 12:31 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

If the siren is sounding, but the indicators aren't flashing, then this is the battery back-up siren going off. This usually only happens if the vehicle's battery is disconnected whilst the alarm system is armed - when the siren is in an armed state and thinks the vehicles battery is disconnected it starts to sound but cannot trigger the system and cause the indicators to flash.

If the vehicle's battery has been disconnected for several hours then the battery in the siren will have run flat by now (did the volume decrease over time?) so the problem appears to have gone away, however over a period of time the siren battery will recharge and start to sound again when the fault re-occurs.

I would check the siren cable for cuts and the cables connection at the alarm ECU to make sure it is secure - this is the most likely cause.
You could also check the alarm systems 12v supply, although if this was at fault you would find the Radio Keys would not operate the CDL either.

Hope thats some help,
SS
Old 28 December 2005, 03:37 PM
chris.h
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=chris.h]can anyone help having trouble with my alarm it keeps going off then stopping and starting again but no lights are flashing i tryed using the fob to turn the alarm off it just opens and closes the doors but doesnt stop it so i disconected the battery and that didnt stop it . it did stop after a bit but i havent conected the battery back up yet untill i can find the problem ?[/QUOTE

i have conected the battery back up and been down to subaru they tested the car battery and said its ok then plugged a computer in to the car and tested the alarm said that was ok aswell he said he had reset the alarm and just see what happens any problems 2 go back its now been 6hrs and it hasnt gone off so fingers crossed lol