Notices

resetting ecu

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2005, 09:08 PM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resetting ecu

hi all,i have read a lot of posting talking about "re-setting the ecu" i have a missfire/holding back problem on my '95 wrx import it is completly standard.i had a problem last week of a printed circuit on the back of the clocks failing which resulted in the car running on the battery until it went flat.maybe this has something to do with it (allthough i doubt it) and also what is the "cel" as you can probably tell i am new to subarus.how do i reset the ecu and what will doing this achieve.cheers guys.Lee.....
Old 11 December 2005, 11:22 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

CEL is Check Engine Light on ur dash. to reset ur ecu u need to dissconnect ur battery for a time, few hours should do it to let all capictors run down etc this will leave 0 values in the ecu so when u start up it will detect all the things it needs from fresh. holding back might be boost solinoid needing cleaning, or a dirty air filter... sure more on here can give better advice

Rich
Old 12 December 2005, 07:57 PM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by lightwave693
CEL is Check Engine Light on ur dash. to reset ur ecu u need to dissconnect ur battery for a time, few hours should do it to let all capictors run down etc this will leave 0 values in the ecu so when u start up it will detect all the things it needs from fresh. holding back might be boost solinoid needing cleaning, or a dirty air filter... sure more on here can give better advice

Rich
thanks rich.on my second fill up on optimax now and it does seem a bit better!
where is the boost solenoid and how is it best cleaned.(i think i can manage the air filter)cheers.
Lee.....