Notices

Turbo leaking oil.

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 11:25 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo leaking oil.

Ive checked my turbo as there is loads of oil on my drive, and it seems to me as it is leaking from under the turbo, The turbo has been changed in the last month, and ive also been monitoring my oil levels, and it seems like its going down slowly has anybody got any ideas on what it could be or anything I should check.

The other thing is, Ive topped my oil up, and it has gone to the F mark, and I know that it is supposed to be in between the E and the F, Would this damage my engine, as Im losing oil, and I cant see it being at F, much longer.
Old 09 December 2005, 07:26 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the oil return pipe has not been connected back up properly, understandable because its a bitch to get on!! Its a piece of rubber pipe work about 3 inches long that connects from the pipe coming out of the bottom of the turbo to the pipe leading into the crank case. Its held on with two spring clips at either end.
Mine has done this before and from what you say it sounds most likely.

Not a major problem but needs sorting, take it back to where you got the turbo fitted and get them to finish the job!

If you fitted it then its turbo off time again
Old 10 December 2005, 10:28 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nezz10
It sounds like the oil return pipe has not been connected back up properly, understandable because its a bitch to get on!! Its a piece of rubber pipe work about 3 inches long that connects from the pipe coming out of the bottom of the turbo to the pipe leading into the crank case. Its held on with two spring clips at either end.
Mine has done this before and from what you say it sounds most likely.

Not a major problem but needs sorting, take it back to where you got the turbo fitted and get them to finish the job!

If you fitted it then its turbo off time again
Been to API's today and they are going to sort it Saturday, And your right it exactly how you explained it, But me and a friend fitted the turbo so theres no going back to any garages.