Notices

Advice on this please "HKS SQV BOV Recirculating Kit"

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2005, 12:15 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on this please "HKS SQV BOV Recirculating Kit"

Can anyone give me advice on the above please. I have a HKS SQV BOV fitted to my MY95. This was fitted back in Jap Land. I presume it is a VTA as it is quite noisey when letting off the throttle. I have seen the above kit online for sale and was wondering if they are easy to fit. Has anybody got this kit fitted, if so is it a good idea. Does it affect performance at all and is the noise reduced from the BOV alot.

Cheers

Dean
Old 29 November 2005, 02:15 PM
RB5 314
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

I have the same dump valve on my RB5 (maybe slightly different to yours but the theory should be the same), its running vta at the moment, but when I originally purchased it, it had the recirculating kit fitted to it (got it off ebay for £100).

Does the recirculating kit you've seen contain a silver plastic tube to insert into the dump valve? This is what enables you to have the dump valve recirculating instead of vta. Its very easy to fit, just undo 4 of the 8 allen key bolts (only the ones that are raised slightly above the others) on the front of the dump valve, this releases the front of the valve, then swap the recirculating tube with the 'fin' thing thats presently in the valve and bolt the front back on. This then allows you to connect your dump valve in the same way as the std one would have been originally (i.e. recirculating).

I'm not too sure about performance gains, but it should help your car run smoother if its running a bit rough with the vta.

Oh yeah there will be no noise if you have it recirculating.

Hope this helps

Si
Old 29 November 2005, 04:09 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice mate ... Sounds easy all I need to find out is where to fit the recirc pipe too.. I didnt have the standard one on when I bought the car..
Old 29 November 2005, 04:20 PM
RB5 314
Scooby Regular

Might be easier to look for a pipe thats been 'bunged up', should be quite close to where your dump valve is now (cant remember the actual name of it )
Old 29 November 2005, 04:28 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

OK mate ill have a look. Ive just asked the company if there is any fitting instructions with the kit. Shouldnt be alot to it anyway as you say... The kits only £15 so its more than likely just the silver pipe and a couple of clips. There was a picture on here on another thread but not connected...