Notices

Advice needed on dump v and turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2005, 01:57 AM
danbenche123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on dump v and turbo timer

I have just bought a 02 STI prodrive. I want to fit a suitable dump valve and turbo timer, but have no idea which out the huge choice to buy. All i (think) know is that a twin piston valve is suitable. I'm looking to spend around 70-100 quid on each. Is this enough or will i just get shiny crap and which one's do i buy ???
Old 29 November 2005, 10:44 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Are you planning a big BHP conversion or is your recirculating dump valve leaking? If the answer to both these questions in 'no' then opinion that I have looked at says leave it alone. One article says that by fitting a atmospheric dump valve that makes a lot of noise could do MORE damage than good as to make the loud noise you have to force the gas through a small hole. Possibly causing more damage than leaving the standard item on. As far as the turbo timer goes you can get from a turbo timer by itself upto one that has a number of other capabilities. I think this is down to yourself as to how complicated you want it to be. These are a must though as it is of enormous benefit to the engine. The fringe benefits are good aswell, if you feel happy to you can go out on a cold morning start the engine up the timing on the timer thus allowing the engine to warm up and defrost the car if it is that cold. I know some will say this is not a good thing to do with a engine but on the other hand neither is driving a car under load with a cold engine. Hope this helps Steve.