Notices

Exhaust/ TSL 333 question

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2005, 02:11 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/ TSL 333 question

I currently have a 2003 sti which was treated to the TSL 333 conversion by the previous owner. Rolling road suggests it's running spot on (332 bhp back in June)

Now it came with the Firestorm back box which we all know is quite loud and the owner said it felt a bit lumpy and swapped the back box and replaced with the original Prodrive box from the PPP.

I'm basically wanting a bit more of the flat 4 rumble and have ear marked the Ninja back box as a potential replacement. Will this be ok to stick straight on without risking any ill effects or is it likely to run like a bag of spanners and affect performance?

Any help appreciated.

Rob
Old 29 October 2005, 01:44 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
I currently have a 2003 sti which was treated to the TSL 333 conversion by the previous owner. Rolling road suggests it's running spot on (332 bhp back in June)

Now it came with the Firestorm back box which we all know is quite loud and the owner said it felt a bit lumpy and swapped the back box and replaced with the original Prodrive box from the PPP.

I'm basically wanting a bit more of the flat 4 rumble and have ear marked the Ninja back box as a potential replacement. Will this be ok to stick straight on without risking any ill effects or is it likely to run like a bag of spanners and affect performance?

Any help appreciated.

Rob
ring tsl and ask them.it probably would not effect it that much if you only alter bb,what about tsl groupn bb-i have one quiiet in town spot on on full boost
martin
Old 29 October 2005, 03:11 PM
STIste
Scooby Regular

Question Tricky one!

Hi Rob, it had the PPP backbox on when mapped. Subsequently asked TSL about the firestorm at NBO 2004 & they thought it would be OK for the map, so bought (Small discount) & fitted but it definitely didn't like it. I have to say though that I never really gave the ECU a chance as it was only on the car literally 20 miles at which point I swapped back & sold the firestorm (same price as paid iirc!).
It may well be that the car will take time to adjust to the changes the silencer causes, but I wasn't prepared to risk it as having sat in the car with Richard Bulmer I could see how precisely he was mapping it to all the variables he was getting.
I guess, as Doc suggests, get in touch with Graham @ TSL & explain my previous issues with the swapover. As I've already paid (in effect now on your behalf) for the ecutec licence I would hope he could do you a special price on a tweak to the map if it was absolutely neccessary, alternatively if it does need a remap then you might as well get a bigger turbo & go for 380+, rude not to really!
Whatever you do don't visit to discuss it as you'll end up with Turbo, Exhaust, re-remap, spoiler lifters, etc etc
Steve
Old 29 October 2005, 04:50 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

An interesting question.

I have a Magnex 6x4 Oval and decat centre fitted to my bugeye WRX and am having an ecutek remap as Powerstation on Monday. I've decided that I'm not entirely happy with the Magnex b/box and want something a little louder (), the Ninja is a possibility, as is the TSL Ti-Phoon.

I have the same question - if I have it mapped on Monday and then change the b/box, will I need another remap? (my guess is "no" but I'm not 100%)?
Old 29 October 2005, 05:09 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I would say no you dont need another remap, BUT, why have your car mapped then change the box? My car was mapped with a Subaru 4" box similar to PPP box, i now have a Ninja and have no problems with car at all.
Btw, Ninja really is good. Sounds awesome, but for me, i would not want any more noise, as at motorway speeds, the cabin intrusion gets annoying.