Notices

remap and decat questions (noob)

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2005, 03:08 PM
richbaker78
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remap and decat questions (noob)

another load of Noob questions - if I fit a decat downpipe (twin mouth to 2.5inch) to my 02 WRx engine will I have to remap? or is the remap just an extra luxury I can do at a later date to release a few extra horses?

whats all this about decat up pipes???worth it? didnt even know I had a cat in the up pipe.

I have no fuel pump at the mo - which one should I go for? from where? why?im not going mad on tuning stuff so presume stock will be fine? If so will any year std turbo pump work?

Whats involved with remapping - I presume they just plug into your original ECU and reprogramme stuff? im jsut concerned that Ive had to make numerous mods to my wiring loom that this will affect me remapping? do they do it thru the diagnostic port?cos i wont have one of them no longer

why cant i post on the for sale and wanted forums?? is it cos im new?
cheers again for any help.

Rich
Old 11 October 2005, 03:12 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richbaker78
another load of Noob questions - if I fit a decat downpipe (twin mouth to 2.5inch) to my 02 WRx engine will I have to remap? or is the remap just an extra luxury I can do at a later date to release a few extra horses?

whats all this about decat up pipes???worth it? didnt even know I had a cat in the up pipe.

I have no fuel pump at the mo - which one should I go for? from where? why?im not going mad on tuning stuff so presume stock will be fine? If so will any year std turbo pump work?

Whats involved with remapping - I presume they just plug into your original ECU and reprogramme stuff? im jsut concerned that Ive had to make numerous mods to my wiring loom that this will affect me remapping? do they do it thru the diagnostic port?cos i wont have one of them no longer

why cant i post on the for sale and wanted forums?? is it cos im new?
cheers again for any help.

Rich
1, you have to pay to advertise on here

2, yes you do have a cat in your up pipe, and yes it is worth removing, although you will need to speak nicely to your MOT tester come that time. Recently removed the last cat in my 02wrx (up pipe) and made lots of difference, turbo spools up so much quicker

3, I would imagine you would struggle to go anywhere at the moment anyway, having NO fuel pump.

4, with regards to the re-map, i believe it is recommended, although not vital, i have not had mine done yet, but to take full advantages of the mods you do you need it re-mapped.

HTH

Regards

Cookie
Old 11 October 2005, 04:15 PM
richbaker78
Scooby Regular

"yes you do have a cat in your up pipe, and yes it is worth removing, although you will need to speak nicely to your MOT tester come that time. Recently removed the last cat in my 02wrx (up pipe) and made lots of difference, turbo spools up so much quicker"
thats where the benefit of putting it in a 1970 van comes in - different emission thresholds :-)
but thanks for clearing those questions up - cna I ask where you got your up pipe from?
Old 11 October 2005, 05:44 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

try www. scoobysport.com