Notices

Fitting walbro fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2005, 02:37 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting walbro fuel pump

I'm going to fit a new fuel pump this weekend. Was told that the rear seat has to be removed to gain access. Is this true? It's a MY00. I got the pump from flat4online, do I need anything other than what came with the pump, ie. electrical connector, short hose, some jubilees, and the filter.

Cheers.

Last edited by Hepy; 10 September 2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10 September 2005, 02:46 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Yep rear seat to be removed for easy access,And boot carpet.The pump access is under the oval plate on the boot floor on the offside(4 screws).the pump is held in with 8 or 10 bolts(cant rememder which).I use a small amount of silicone on the seal when replacing the pump just to make sure of a good air tight seal as when i first replaced mine i kept getting a smell of fuel when i had a full tank.Added some silicone and no more fuel smells.
Old 11 September 2005, 12:14 PM
gareth1
Scooby Regular

Its best to reuse the standard filter when putting the new pump in. Other then that everything was included with the kit. The intructions are not very clear with what to do with the small black resitor thing that has a blue and a black wire running from it(located on the pump support bracket). Some people say you can just cut these wire and let them dangle in the tank but i spliced them into the pump loom with scotch lock cable conectors and it work fine.