UK v JDM Exhaust, Difference???

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2005, 09:50 PM
Ricky81 STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK v JDM Exhaust, Difference???

Qiuck Question,

I have a MY04 JDM STi and was looking for an aftermarket zorst (HKS, Blitz or something) probably the back box and centre section. Now I know the down pipe is different in a JDM car due to the twin scroll turbo but is the back box and centre section the same or different to a UK model?
Old 06 September 2005, 10:48 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ricky81 STi
Qiuck Question,

I have a MY04 JDM STi and was looking for an aftermarket zorst (HKS, Blitz or something) probably the back box and centre section. Now I know the down pipe is different in a JDM car due to the twin scroll turbo but is the back box and centre section the same or different to a UK model?
ehh as far as im aware the uk sti is twin scroll turbo too?? shud all be the same fitment
Old 06 September 2005, 10:50 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The uk STI is does not have a twin scroll turbo that is a fact, not really sure about the rest of the exhaust.
Old 07 September 2005, 04:05 PM
Zero/Sports Andy
Scooby Newbie

You will need to check you applied model code number that you will find on the silver vin plate under the bonnet as even the 03/04 to 05 model JDM STI uses different length pipes. However all twinscroll pipes are different in length to the Euro model STI exhaust systems.

GDB-A/B Non Twinscroll JDM STI 00-02 Models
GDB-C/D Twinscroll JDM STI 03-04 Models

Both the above use the same centre & rear box & have the same length downpipe but use different downpipes due to the port being different for twinscroll.

GDB-E Twinscroll JDM STI 05 Models

All the pipes are different lengths to the previous models. We have options for all these parts in UK stock. Please visit www.dhcars.co.uk & click on the ZERO/SPORTS options for more details.

Please note we are an authorised advertiser but this is a new user name & the badge may not yet appear.