NON start problem

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2005, 04:11 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NON start problem

the scoob has no fuel flowing to the engine , i removed and checed the pump and its working ok when hooked to a battery . but not running when in the car . i was wondering if any one has had any problem similar . maybe fuel cut off fault ?

car also has a clifford which was going off intermittantly for no reason and acting strange days before the scoob broke down could this have anything to do wit the prob . does the clifford cut the fuel ?

cheers
mags
Old 31 August 2005, 05:06 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Have a look to see if they have wired the clifford through the fuel pump relay ?OR Try wiring the pump direct to see if it will start ?

Originally Posted by M444GY
the scoob has no fuel flowing to the engine , i removed and checed the pump and its working ok when hooked to a battery . but not running when in the car . i was wondering if any one has had any problem similar . maybe fuel cut off fault ?

car also has a clifford which was going off intermittantly for no reason and acting strange days before the scoob broke down could this have anything to do wit the prob . does the clifford cut the fuel ?

cheers
mags
Old 01 September 2005, 08:43 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

You could check the plug in the fule pump wiring, under the back seat driver's side (on Classics), these can become dodgy. My pump became intermittant, I think one of the coils must have failed.

Could be linked to immobiliser, as above, but my Clifford cuts the ignition, not just the pump.