Notices

NF Octane boost / Race fuel - Power Graphs & Qtr Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2005, 06:57 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NF Octane boost / Race fuel - Power Graphs & Qtr Miles?

Long shot.. any before and after power runs with / without octane booster?

For that matter 106ron race fuel on the RR or the qtr mile.

Just wondering how much difference in real terms the greater octane rating will have.

Old 28 August 2005, 09:55 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

A higher octance wont give you any more power. It allows you to run more boost and ignition advance before the engine starts detonating.
Old 28 August 2005, 09:59 PM
Scooby Regular

Question

This is a good question.

ie take a known engine with a good spec and a programmable ecu (ideally an Apexi FC!)

RR on Optimax
Then Op + NF boost with remap
Then Race fuel with remap

I think several of the real mappers could fill in the figures from their experiences.
I am quite sure the run is:

360 Optimax only
380 Op + boost
410 with Race fuel

I know of a Nissan GtiR that gained 40 bhp from Optimax to Race fuel, same RR same day measurements.

Any offers

Graham.

Last edited by 911; 28 August 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 28 August 2005, 11:37 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
A higher octance wont give you any more power. It allows you to run more boost and ignition advance before the engine starts detonating.
I understand the benefits, was interested in actual evidence of the change but as you say it simply *allows you to run more boost safely.
Old 28 August 2005, 11:38 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 911
This is a good question.

ie take a known engine with a good spec and a programmable ecu (ideally an Apexi FC!)

RR on Optimax
Then Op + NF boost with remap
Then Race fuel with remap

I think several of the real mappers could fill in the figures from their experiences.
I am quite sure the run is:

360 Optimax only
380 Op + boost
410 with Race fuel

I know of a Nissan GtiR that gained 40 bhp from Optimax to Race fuel, same RR same day measurements.

Any offers

Graham.
Well I've an RR comign up... shame as I've got the headers, FMIC, SSQV & Induction kit on since last months RR session... it will not fully reflect the simply change in octane! Never mind. Will add some of the NF for good measure
Old 29 August 2005, 06:53 AM
megrac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a graph of a ver3 sti with forged pistons, rods, closed deck rs block, avo450 turbo, powerfc, 800cc injectors, fmic, full 3in exhaust and thats it.
The blue run was done with 17.5psi and plane old pb98, the red was shell 100 octane race gas.
The purple and black lines are drawn on from my ver3 sti/ej257 dyno run on the same dyno a few weeks later, same gear, same gear box, same dyno but tuned with bp96.
It was a bit sad as my 2.5 was down 1.5psi from the boost i see on the road.
This is power at the wheels and around 230-235kw atw on this dyno is 400hp at the flywheel.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...trexnet9uf.jpg
Old 29 August 2005, 08:00 AM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Interesting stuff..

R TE Turbo Extreme (106RON, 91MON, 4.4% oxygen)

Designed to be the most extreme turbo fuel - full stop. The R TE (Turbo Extreme) is a high octane, high oxygen, high energy and extremely dense fuel especially designed for turbo and supercharged engines. It does not meet FIA or MSA or BS EN228 regulations due to its extreme properties. It is extremely expensive but we believe that no other fuel will give as much protection and power as the R TE. It is used by the most powerful Mitsubishi Evos and Nissan Skylines in the UK.

Cool Blue 106 octane street legal racing gasoline

106 octane is the first street legal racing gasoline that meets all UK and European standards for unleaded petrol. It is designed to burn cleanly, give more torque and thrives at high revs. Can be used neat or blended with lower octane street fuels to upgrade 'super unleaded' petrol. Available in 10 or 25 litre cans, this fuel is sold via a carefully selected network of distributors but can also be bought via our online shop.

This is the fuel to have if you want to improve your qt mile times. Can safely be used in engines with up to 14:1 compression ratio (aluminium heads). Works excellent with both normally aspirated engines as well as turbo/supercharged engines.